First cruise! A few questions.

Hello everyone, I will be sailing the 2nd of January on the Independence of the Seas. Im pretty excited but have a couple questions! also, if any of you has any type of advice/tip ill be more than happy to read you. 

so 1. I have been reading about the dress codes and I wanted to know if for dinner (My time dining), is it really not allowed to wear shorts or unsleeved shirts? if so, are skirts allowed? 

and 2. what do you recommend to do while at the stops ( in Cozumel and George Town)

3. What restaurants are included (on the ships initial fare)? 

4. Can I order drinks like lemonades, water, etc at bars? or just alcoholic drinks can be found?

thanks. As said before, even if you don't have the answer to these questions id be happy to receive any suggestion in regard to the cruising experience!! 

6 hours ago, diana melendrez said:

so 1. I have been reading about the dress codes and I wanted to know if for dinner (My time dining), is it really not allowed to wear shorts or unsleeved shirts? if so, are skirts allowed? 

The dress code on RC ships is somewhat enforced because on formal nights because sleeveless tops (expect for sleeveless dresses) are not allowed to be worn in the MDR (main dining room). Shorts are also not suppose to be worn in the MDR but how can that be when my mom and I have worn shorts most nights (expect for the formal nights) in the MDR. Skirts are allowed to be in the MDR.

Check out this link: https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2017/01/02/5-questions-about-what-wear-royal-caribbean-cruise

7 hours ago, diana melendrez said:

What restaurants are included (on the ships initial fare)? 

Windjammer marketplace (Buffet), Solarium  Bistro, MDR, Sorrento's.

Check out this link: https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2018/05/31/whats-included-your-royal-caribbean-cruise-fare

7 hours ago, diana melendrez said:

Can I order drinks like lemonades, water, etc at bars? or just alcoholic drinks can be found?

Most drinks can be ordered at bars (free drinks that are included in the cruise fare, and drinks that you have to pay for no matter if you purchases a beverage package or is going to pay for the by the drink rather then buy a beverage package.

check out this link: https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/royal-caribbean-drink-package

16 hours ago, diana melendrez said:

Hello everyone, I will be sailing the 2nd of January on the Independence of the Seas. Im pretty excited but have a couple questions! also, if any of you has any type of advice/tip ill be more than happy to read you. 

and 2. what do you recommend to do while at the stops ( in Cozumel and George Town)

3. What restaurants are included (on the ships initial fare)? 

4. Can I order drinks like lemonades, water, etc at bars? or just alcoholic drinks can be found?

thanks. As said before, even if you don't have the answer to these questions id be happy to receive any suggestion in regard to the cruising experience!! 

I'm on this cruise!

1. Skirts, summer dresses, sleeveless blouses should all be fine. I'm not sure about shorts, but as mentioned above it does get a little chilly in the MDR for dinners, so I wear long pants.

2. Grand Cayman I'm doing a Stingray excursion and Cozumel I'm planning on going to Paradise Beach, since most of the day resorts will be closed. If you have zero plans for Grand Cayman you can take a taxi to Seven Mile Beach and just relax there.

3. MDR, Windjammer, Sorrentos (Pizza), Cafe Promenade (snacks)... Solarium? Not sure about the last one

4. I'm not sure if the bars have complimentary drinks outside of water. You can certainly order a Coke if you'd like.

We did Independence a few weeks ago, our first cruise also. A tip I wish someone had given was to check the main dining room for days they serve breakfast and/or lunch. Windjammer was a nightmare for me (I'm on meds for claustrophobia and anxiety) and the food not really worth it, in my opinion. The pizza at Sorrentos is ok to pretty good, but they have a sun dried tomato and mozzarella panini that I really enjoyed.

Another big tip is the madness of the muster drill. I know it is necessary to attend, but I didn't know there were options for me. I got pushed to the back wall and surrounded by so many people that I got dizzy and hit the floor. We went inside to the Bolero's area and found out that it is where limited mobility and other people that just can't take the madness gather and they do the same instructional drill as outside.

Have you bought The Key or any of the beverage packages?

On 12/30/2019 at 2:51 PM, KWong said:

I'm on this cruise!

1. Skirts, summer dresses, sleeveless blouses should all be fine. I'm not sure about shorts, but as mentioned above it does get a little chilly in the MDR for dinners, so I wear long pants.

2. Grand Cayman I'm doing a Stingray excursion and Cozumel I'm planning on going to Paradise Beach, since most of the day resorts will be closed. If you have zero plans for Grand Cayman you can take a taxi to Seven Mile Beach and just relax there.

3. MDR, Windjammer, Sorrentos (Pizza), Cafe Promenade (snacks)... Solarium? Not sure about the last one

4. I'm not sure if the bars have complimentary drinks outside of water. You can certainly order a Coke if you'd like.

Definitely do the Stingray Excursion.  It is so much fun!  I agree with the rest that you will be more comfortable with warmer clothes in the dining room.  The Solarium is available at breakfast and lunch.  It turns into a Speciality dining room in the evening.