Spring Break cruise concerns

Boarder52

Hello,

My family will be cruising the week of March 23 for a 4 night cruise from Miami to the Bahamas. First ever cruise for us.

The "official" college party cruises are the 3 weeks prior. My son will be 22 and my daughter will be 18. I'm just a little concerned about what the cruise will be like.

Anyone have experience with a Spring Break cruise? I'm good with everyone having a fun time, but not so much with obnoxious drunks, vomiting in hot tubs, etc.

Thanks.

4 night cruise in March....be afraid, be very afraid.....This is one of the many reasons we never cruise less than one week. Our recently graduated daughter has taken a couple of spring break cruises and she had fun, but wouldn't do it again now that she has graduated. Just realize going in that the passengers will likely skew younger and drink more. Just be glad you're not doing this cruise on Carnival.....

We cruise ALL the time during spring break, have not had a single issue!  As a matter of fact we have only had one problem and that was a cruise close to Christmas, there was a group of older people that were HIGHLY intoxicated and loud.  So loud that you could not hear the movie playing on the screen by the pool and we were across the pool and at the opposite end of the pool from them.  Quite a few people ended up complaining and a senior officer went over to them and they got their stuff and left.  That has been the only issue we have had out of 9 cruises, most of them being when the ship is at capacity over spring break or Christmas break.  

I kind of don't have a choice. Both of our young adult children have their college break the last week of March, so it's the only week that works. Only alternative at this point would be to cancel the cruise. Would only do that if several of you tell me it's a total nightmare.

A younger crowd may in some ways be more fun for them. I'm just hoping it's not too out of control. Not expecting a mild, Disney type of cruise, but "girls gone wild" might be a bit much. Lol

Guess we'll roll the dice and hope for the best. We will go in kind of knowing what to expect at least.

Thanks for everyone's input.

My wife and I went on a seven-day cruise on RC for our anniversary two years ago. It was the first week of March and it was a total spring break crowd, and I mean CROWDS of college kids whooping it up for Spring Break. That being said it ended up just fine. Expect some longer lines at the outdoor bars, busier hot tubs and an overall rowdier vibe, but for the most part it wasn't an issue and in some cases (the outdoor pool contests, dance parties, etc.) it made it more fun.

We did our first spring break cruise this year. A 3-nighter, 4-nighter, and then a 3-nighter in Mid-March.

I think we all feared the worst, but the kids on our cruise were fine. Granted, we did not spend a lot of time by the pool (where most of the college kids were), but the bottom line was it did not feel like a fraternity party.