Port Everglades Hotel Options

DublinFC

11 minutes ago, DublinFC said:

Hello All, 

I am looking for suggestions on where to stay when we sail out of Port Everglades.  I saw a post on here talking about it before, but I can not find it.  I look forward to the recommendations.

Let me know what you want and I can make recommendations. Different folks have different expectations. 

2 minutes ago, tonyfsu21 said:

Let me know what you want and I can make recommendations. Different folks have different expectations. 

Good point, i am looking for a hotel close to the port.  Will sleep 4 people myself, wife, daughter, and grandmother.  I dont need a 5 start place, but I am comfortable paying a little more for a better hotel.  I have tried the cheap route before and id rather spend the money than deal with a cheap place to stay.  

4 minutes ago, DublinFC said:

Good point, i am looking for a hotel close to the port.  Will sleep 4 people myself, wife, daughter, and grandmother.  I dont need a 5 start place, but I am comfortable paying a little more for a better hotel.  I have tried the cheap route before and id rather spend the money than deal with a cheap place to stay.  

Based on the 4 people Embassy Suites 17th Street offers the most space. Perfect for you all. Depending on the time of year prices fluctuate between $120-$350/ night. 

+1 on the Holiday Inn Express on 17th Street. Embassy is more run down (IMO). Renaissance is also nice (also on 17th street and even closer to the port) but I would not stay there if I had my kids with me. It’s not as kid friendly there. We’ve done both Renaissance and Holiday Inn Express.

Definitely recommend Embassy Suites also.  Have stayed there 3 times and have never had a bad experience.  And you cannot beat the free breakfast.  If you are lucky enough to have a room on the upper floors and on one of the sides (do not know exactly which one) it faces the port and if up early in the a.m., you can see the ships pulling into port and docking.

If you would like to be closer to the beach, I can recommend the Best Western Plus Oceanside Inn: http://www.bwfortlauderdalefl.com/

We just stayed there for the second time last month. It's a minute walk from the beach, 5 minutes from the water taxi and 10 minutes from loads of restaurants and shops. It has some rooms with their own deck overlooking the pool, if that's something you would enjoy, and it offers a very decent included breakfast. 

13 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

+1 on the Holiday Inn Express on 17th Street. Embassy is more run down (IMO). Renaissance is also nice (also on 17th street and even closer to the port) but I would not stay there if I had my kids with me. It’s not as kid friendly there. We’ve done both Renaissance and Holiday Inn Express.

I believe they renovated Embassy Suites recently. 

10 hours ago, Lynne S said:

Definitely recommend Embassy Suites also.  Have stayed there 3 times and have never had a bad experience.  And you cannot beat the free breakfast.  If you are lucky enough to have a room on the upper floors and on one of the sides (do not know exactly which one) it faces the port and if up early in the a.m., you can see the ships pulling into port and docking.

that would be really nice to see!

14 hours ago, DublinFC said:

Great this is good info.  I think the Embassy Suites was a hotel I remember being mentioned.  I am going to do my homework and see what works for us.  We stayed at a Holiday Inn when we sailed out of Miami and it was a good place for the night as well.

I just booked a room through Booking.com over the weekend. The prices were decent.

I think any one of the hotels in that 17th street cluster will suit your needs. I prefer the Hyatt Place myself - rooms are for 4, but could easily fit 8 - and like Embassy Suites and Holiday Inn Express it's close to a large cluster of restaurants, plus a Publix, Total Wine, Ross and Dollar Store for those "I forgot to pack" options. And wine. Price is $130/night in the late spring/summer if you go through a 3rd party site (don't know what board policy is on mentioning other sites, so not naming it here).

All of these places are a short taxi/Uber ride away from port. No shortage of those going around the area on cruise mornings.

We stayed at the Hilton FL Marina on the 21st using points. Our rooms weren't ready until 4:30 and 5:30, and there is a lot of construction/renovation going on. (Lots of people sitting around the lobby waiting for rooms!) Rooms were nice though, and they gave us a free breakfast to make up for the troubles. 

The other hotels mentioned are in a better location for last minute shopping at Publix, etc. 

I stayed at the Best Western Fort Lauderdale Airport/Cruise Port a couple of times. It has a free shuttle to the hotel from the airport and free continental breakfast. There is a shopping center across the street with a Winn Dixie, liquor store, restaurants, and a few other stores (perfect for last minute things).

It's about a 12 minute drive to the port. However, they charge approx $15 per person for a shuttle to the port that doesn't leave until after 10AM. We never had a problem with lyft taking us to the port.