Best Deck for suite access on Mariner?

Neesa

Looking at a Double Dip at Coco Cay on the Mariner in possibly a Grand Suite. Is there placement you would prefer maybe a suite deck similar to 17 on the Harmony? I was going to book 2 Junior Suites together but if I read it correctly there are minimal amenities tethered to the Jr on the Mariner, Mariner lovers would you share some advice please? Thanks so much!!

Us too!! 8/10 sailing. It will be our first cruise with our little ones and a bunch of extended family... We're in a loooooong row of 6V's and opted for two rooms instead of a quad occupancy so we'd have two bathrooms (also, GS's or really any S's are outside of our price range by several miles). Anyway, can't wait!

22 hours ago, LizzyBee23 said:

Us too!! 8/10 sailing. It will be our first cruise with our little ones and a bunch of extended family... We're in a loooooong row of 6V's and opted for two rooms instead of a quad occupancy so we'd have two bathrooms (also, GS's or really any S's are outside of our price range by several miles). Anyway, can't wait!

See you there.

On 12/29/2019 at 5:03 PM, Neesa said:

. Is there placement you would prefer maybe a suite deck similar to 17 on the Harmony?

Such a set up doesn't exist on Mariner. With that in mind, I'd defer to the usual advice of stateroom picking, where you want a room that has staterooms above and below your room.

@Matt @Lovetocruise2002 So I just pestered Sharla at MEI & booked 1252 on the Mariner for a double dip to Coco Cay in August 2020. Since only sailing RCCL on HOTS I looked at deck 11 and think the grand suite is as good as placement I could get as per your direction. Really wanted this itinerary and only 4 nights I'm hoping the cabin will be comfortable, I stayed away from the OS because of that horrible floor, upstairs chairs dragging on that, ugh! I digress, do we get free internet on the Mariner? Any suggestions or "good to know" info pertaining to the voyager class? Is there such thing as a "window seat" table on this ship in the MDR?  Any experience you may offer would be greatly appreciated, @ WAAAYTOOO any advice here?  FYI I agree with you 100% I hated that stupid pole in OS on HOTS. Thank you in advance everyone!

Looking at the deck plans, it looks like you would just be below the whirlpools. Probably as quiet as you can get when staying below the pool deck.

There is no complimentary VOOM for suites on Mariner. That is just Oasis and quantum class.

If I recall correctly, there are tables by the windows in the MDR. I would recommend swinging by the MDR once you get on board to see if they can assign you to a window table and also maybe mentioning it to your suite concierge when they contact you prior to sailing. Someone else might have to give more tips here. I have not been in the MDR for a while. Although, now you have me thinking as we will be on Adventure this July and I might have to do a few dinners there. 

Neesa, I have never been on Mariner but I will guess that it is basically the same layout as the rest of the Voyager Class ships.

From what I can tell, the OS on Mariner (e.g., 1320) does not have the pole in the entryway.  No pole at all, from what I can see (video on cruisedeckplans.com).  I don't know if there are any OS available on your sailing.  While you will still be dealing with the pool deck above, the deck area above the OS "humop" are more transit areas vs lounging areas.  Might be less noisy there.

The biggest problem I see for 1252 is the fact that it is so far forward.  I would hate being way up there. Frankly, I'm not sure I would spend the money for an OS on Mariner since those cruises are so short.  If you're doing a B2B, that's a different story.

@WAAAYTOOO the suite lounge is pretty much in that area of the ship a few decks up and being under deck 11 figured under that hot tub there may be less chair dragging.  That is how I landed there. Have another sailing on HOTS in June 2020 and wanted to visit Coco Cay 2X no way B2B not until I experience and know I love a ship! Thanks for your direction here and I agree too short for the expense of an OS so grand suite it will be. Thanks so much :1_grinning:

I've stayed in a JS in that area and had no issues (1244).  I liked the easy access to the forward elevators.  Voyager class isn't so big that being anywhere means long walks.  

On Mariner the suite lounge is near the aft elevators on deck 14 but it's an easy walk across the pool deck to reach the Viking Crown Lounge.

Here are some GS pictures from sister ship Navigator

Navigator%20Day%206%20Suite-1.jpg

Navigator%20Day%206%20Suite-2.jpg

Navigator%20Day%206%20Suite-3.jpg