Celebrating Life Adventure of Sea 1/4/2020

1978bucketlist

Another 1st for me trying to blog. This won’t be live because I understand internet isn’t great on adventure of sea.

Going on this cruise, Hubby, Daughter, 5 year old granddaughter and myself. This was originally going to be Disney Cruise. I started planning it as a way to get through Chemo in August 2017. It was originally planned for October 2019. Because of staffing issues it was moved to January 2020. When researching I discovered that we could book 2 bedroom grande suite on Royal for same price as family room in Fantasy.

1 hour ago, 1978bucketlist said:

We start trip at 2 o’clock after work on 12/31. Will met daughter and granddaughter on January 1 and fly from Baltimore on January 2. As you can see I’m beyond excited. YOLO has special meaning to me. I have been in remission for 2 years.

Congratulations on your remission. Have fun on your cruise.

23 hours ago, 1978bucketlist said:

We start trip at 2 o’clock after work on 12/31. Will met daughter and granddaughter on January 1 and fly from Baltimore on January 2. As you can see I’m beyond excited. YOLO has special meaning to me. I have been in remission for 2 years.

Great to hear you are in remission. We had a scare back in 2016 with my MiL but like you she made it through.

Enjoy your cruise! I'm sure it will be a great one!

We arrived last night at Embassy suites. This hotel is good for us. The made to order breakfast is delicious.

The arrival last night with Lyft was not great. After waiting 40 minutes The 1st driver was a no show. The 2nd driver was very good. This was my 1st trip with Lyft. Now I know to make sure driver is rated 5 star.

We we’re exhausted after finally checking in. We ordered food to go at on-site restaurant. The food was mediocre at best and was expensive for what we received.

We will get last minute shopping done today. We want to get egg crate for bed. We will probably take Little M to beach today.

One more sleep until we board. We will try Uber tomorrow. Wish us luck.

We are getting ready to do a tour on Curaçao. For most part cruise has been great. Few glitches here and there. Nothing to spoil trip, after all I am on a cruise. The waiter on Chops was pushy and little M has had a few melt downs. I wouldn’t expect less from a 5 year old going to bed late every day because she loves kids club.

Back when we were cruise rookies, we once missed a tour b/c we didn't read the tickets to see where we were supposed to meet.  We thought that all tours met on the pier so off we went.  If we had read our tickets we would have seen that we were supposed to meet our tour in the theater.  Luckily, they put us with a group from a Celebrity ship that was leaving just a bit later and we were good-to-go.  Lesson learned. ALWAYS read your ticket to find out where your're meeting your tour !!

Today is our last day at sea. I’m not a very good blogger?. It has been a great cruise even with problems. Everyone has been very kind. Little M adores the kids club. Most of staff know her. She is a bundle of energy. I think I have all of the cruise compasses and the kids club for 3-8 years. I forgot to pick up teen and tween compasses. This was worth the 2 year wait.

That happened to us last cruise. Bags made it to PHL from MIA, we received the message that our bags were loaded on our connection. We arrived in Ithaca, along with a message that our bags didn't ?. The only consolation was that it was much better than on the way to the ship.  I hope they are able to resolve this quickly for you

2nd bag made it on 4:05 flight. 3rd bag will come on 6:20 flight. Southwest will Fed Ex it to us tomorrow night. We couldn’t wait any longer. Fortunately most of the clothes are in 1st 2 bags. Odds and ends in last bag. Unfortunately for my daughter most of her clothes were I. Her missing suitcases. Her suitcases didn’t leave Florida. Her husband will have to go back to airport tomorrow to get them. I guess our bags didn’t want to come back to real world.

2 hours ago, 1978bucketlist said:

2nd bag made it on 4:05 flight. 3rd bag will come on 6:20 flight. Southwest will Fed Ex it to us tomorrow night. We couldn’t wait any longer. Fortunately most of the clothes are in 1st 2 bags. Odds and ends in last bag. Unfortunately for my daughter most of her clothes were I. Her missing suitcases. Her suitcases didn’t leave Florida. Her husband will have to go back to airport tomorrow to get them. I guess our bags didn’t want to come back to real world.

I've been told many times that when flying to cruise, always cross-pack clothes in case one suitcase doesn't make it.  I've never done it, but reading this I think we maybe should start. 

9 hours ago, KathyC said:

I've been told many times that when flying to cruise, always cross-pack clothes in case one suitcase doesn't make it.  I've never done it, but reading this I think we maybe should start. 

Sounds like it would also be a good practice for the flight home, especially if it was a longer sailing and everyone packed most of what they already own in terms of socks, undergarments, daily-wear shirts/pants, etc.