Embarkation out of Cape Liberty

Thecatlady

Cape Liberty is an awesome terminal (much better than years prior), having checked in via app it was a quick check, through security and into seating area. Easy. There is also a parking garage on-site for a reasonable fee. Don't know much about the hotels in the area.

Check out way.com for cheap parking.  You may have to pay for an Uber to get from the offsite parking to the port, but overall can be way cheaper than $22 a day they are currently charging.  You have to be willing to put in the extra time and effort but the cost savings can be worth it. 

For us it was a long process..the ship came in late and since it’s union up there all the long shore man we’re directed to offload the cargo ships as a priority leaving ship loading and unloading at a hold until cargo ships were completed. Traffic getting to the port, which should have taken 15 minutes ended up taking us 3 hours due to the roadwork being done going to the port. However the Uber driver said that this happened every once in a while and that it’s normally not like this.

Look into https://www.trinityreservations.com/ for park & cruise packages with free shuttles to/from the port.  

We used this site for an Anthem cruise.  For the same price of parking at the port, we got a nice room for the night before and secure parking while on the cruise.  As long as you are ok with taking a shuttle back and forth, it can be a good deal.

Used the site again for our cruise out of Baltimore next month - park & cruise package there was less than cost of parking at the port.

hth

We just left Bayonne yesterday and the process was amazing. Had the set sail pass on my phone, the app was weird so I used it in my apple wallet but that worked fine. Went through expedited check in and didn’t wait once. Arrive early though, we got here at 10 and had no lines, just waited about 30 mins in the terminal before boarding. Later in the day you could see the lines for coming in and they were crazy!

1 hour ago, Harper said:

We just left Bayonne yesterday and the process was amazing. Had the set sail pass on my phone, the app was weird so I used it in my apple wallet but that worked fine. Went through expedited check in and didn’t wait once. Arrive early though, we got here at 10 and had no lines, just waited about 30 mins in the terminal before boarding. Later in the day you could see the lines for coming in and they were crazy!

I would agree on the arrival time. If you plan to get there early they load the ship early in my history (5 years running on the Thanksgiving Anthem sailing) then the lines get a little backed up driving in but I have timed it a few times looking down from my perch at Johnny Rockets. The longest I have times a car from the point that you can see cars enter at the corner is 17 minutes to porter/long shoremen check in. After that it is a breeze through the actual port and you will be able to check in quickly and board the ship straight away. By the way when I have timed it that is at peak time. I would say 11-1. After that there is almost no traffic at all.