From ship to Fort Lauderdale airport

After booking 455 days ago we just have 7 sleeps left. We are in 2 bedroom grand suite on adventure of sea leaving 1/4/20. I think we will take hotel shuttle to ship but how do we get from ship back to Airport? Does it need to be precooked? I really appreciate all the information I have found on this site. We haven’t been on a cruise for 8 years. 

42 minutes ago, 1978bucketlist said:

I forgot to mention, 4 people who a absolutely overpack?. We are staying at Embassy Suites. Is La Bamba within walking distance?

Yes. Assuming it’s the Embassy on 17th street, La Bamba is literally around the corner from it. Less than 5 min walk. 

And I just checked back my old receipts, Lyft Plus for 4 people who overpack was $18.62 from Terminal 18 back to FLL.

18 minutes ago, 1978bucketlist said:

We will take Lyft. I have never used Lyft or Uber so this is another new adventure. I’m going to try and take pictures to post of our cabin.

Good plan.  Not only will using a hotel shuttle cost you more and be a big hassle, likely the shuttle will not leave early enough, either.  The shuttles usually plan on arriving at the port no earlier than noon b/c they like to avoid the outbound traffic as much as possible.  Likely you will want to arrive by 10:30.

2 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

don’t use the hotel shuttles. You will end up paying more and it’s a hassle having to wait around. 

First time we flew into Miami for a cruise, my wife was all hot-to-trot about using the hotel shuttle from the airport.  

She called the hotel when we got our bags (as instructed).  We went to the appropriate pickup spot.......and saw the shuttle come around 4 times...each time fully loaded before it got to us.

I called for a Lyft after the 4th time, and we got to the hotel at the same time as the shuttle that we couldn't fit on.  

A little tip from someone who drives for Lyft....you can include a quick note when you order a ride saying exactly where you are (ie. pole #12 or whatever landmark is prominent).  As a driver, it's sometimes hard to find the people you are supposed to pick up in the sea of humanity that forms when a couple flights get in or a ship gets back to port.  I really appreciate it when people help me pick them out of the crowd.