First thing to do after boarding?

Harper

Boarding Anthem tomorrow from NJ. We booked late so don’t have iFly or North Star reservations. I also bought the 3 night dining package so need to make reservations. Which do you recommend first? And where’s the best place to go for each? 

And does anyone know what deck you board on? Want to have a plan and direction or else I’m sure the little one will get us sidetracked 

I would suggest that you go for the iFly and North Star reservations first, as those are much more limited than the food venues.  Honestly, I have no idea where you go to do that.  Our Genie made all of our reservations.  Perhaps the Excursions Desk ?

You can make your dining reservations at any of the specialty restaurants or at the specialty restaurant kiosk that will, most likely, be located somewhere on the Esplanade.  The gangway is on Deck 4 (I'm pretty sure).

Boarding is always on Deck 4. Go to each of the venues you want to reserve the times. Do not wait until the next day or you may not get the times you like. Get on early, reserve the times and as stated relax and enjoy a nice "departure" drink. Enjoy your cruise, we have a week to go.

My first order of business is the Windjammer, it is there I'll grab a beer from the beer cart person and of course lunch too.

However, if you're looking for iFly, North Star & Specialty dining, I'd do that all first. You should be able to book iFly and North Star via the app, but if not,  iFly entrance where they can take reservations is on Deck Fifteen starboard side aft. It's right around the rock climbing wall. I am not sure if they can do North Star there for you too or not, that's also on Deck Fifteen but forward. I do not know if you can book reservations there or not.

For the restaurants, just show up to one of them and they have the ability to book you in any restaurant, no need to go to each individually.

I've sailed the Anthem 4 times, she's a great ship, enjoy!

Before getting to the Disney-type lines at Guest Services on Anthem, on the right hand side of the space is a counter with several tablets available where you can book stuff.  Staff are waiting there to answer any questions.

A few more random tidbits - 

If you need Shore Excursions - as you board the ship keep walking straight across the ship and you run right into that desk

If anyone has purchased The Key and want to get their internet codes early, there is usually a staff person at a little podium outside Guest Services - left side when facing GS - the staff will look thru a printout and write the code down for you.

hth

Just an FYI we had reservations for the NorthStar but that first day when we boarded they were letting people on, we had maybe a 10 minute wait at the most and got right on.  So PLEASE check to see if they will let you get on when you get onboard.  We got on and had lunch and then started exploring, when we saw that they were letting people ride NorthStar without reservations we got in line and were on in no time!