Izumi on Mariner - Unlimited Dining Package

Biff215

Hi Everyone-

Thinking about getting the Unlimited Dining Package on Mariner in two weeks. It’s just three nights and we booked the cruise recently, so early traditional dining wasn’t available. Just a couple questions we’re curious about. 

First, is Izumi all “a la carte” or just for sushi? It appears Hibachi is a set price on cruise planner like Jamie’s or Chops. Just want to make sure we could use the package and not just the $35 credit you get elsewhere. 

Also, the package is only offering me an 8:30 courtesy reservation on the first night. What are the chances of changing that to earlier and eating at a more traditional time the other nights at the specialty restaurants? Our kids won’t last until 8:00 although they would enjoy these restaurants. 

Any help or advice would be appreciated, thanks in advance!

Brian

5 minutes ago, CruisinUpinLife said:

When is your cruise? You can usually wait list for the MDR early seating. You could also do my time dining for MDR and make reservations in advance in the cruise planner. 

3 minutes ago, CruisinUpinLife said:

Sorry, I see your answer. No matter what you get time wise prior to the cruise, once onboard head to the dining reservation station to look into making changes. 

Thanks! No wait list was available but we did snag My Time reservations for 5:30 each day. We’re just used to having the same servers all cruise and fear we might not enjoy this as much. Plus with three nights the price of the package is more reasonable and seemingly perfect to try out the specialty restaurants for the first time. Just trying to make sure it will work out for us. 

1 minute ago, AshleyDillo said:

Izumi sushi is ala carte with a $35 limit.  The hibachi side is a fixed price.  But from what I'm reading is there is a $10 upcharge for it.

Screenshot_20191226-201048_Chrome.thumb.jpg.4ebea24d660a9cfd1dd4d2ac49096708.jpg

Good catch, thanks. Strange though as Izumi’s normal price is about the same as Chops or Jamie’s, so why the upcharge? Already going to pay $10 for each of my kids, so not sure it’s worth it to pay more for us as well. 

45 minutes ago, Biff215 said:

Thanks! No wait list was available but we did snag My Time reservations for 5:30 each day. We’re just used to having the same servers all cruise and fear we might not enjoy this as much. Plus with three nights the price of the package is more reasonable and seemingly perfect to try out the specialty restaurants for the first time. Just trying to make sure it will work out for us. 

You can request to sit at the same table each evening with MTD.  Once you get seated the first night, see what you think about your waiter.  If you're happy, when you arrive night 2 ask to be seated with them again.

We had 12 nights on Serenade last year, and had the same table 11 of the 12 nights.  Only night we couldn't sit there was because we changed our normal eating time to later because we had a late day in port.

• 3 weeks later...