Recommendation Baltimore Hotel

Iluv4n6

Hi Fellow Cruisers -- We will fly into Baltimore the day before cruising on Grandeur in May and wanted check with you all on any hotel recommendations.   Probably any place in the Camden Yards area would work well.  Looks like we will be catching Grandeur during her last full year sailing out of Baltimore and before she is replaced by Empress in spring 2021.

Thanks for any suggestions!

The one and only time that we strayed from our normal hotel (Best Western Plus), we stayed at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Baltimore Downtown/Inner Harbor.   101 S. President Street Baltimore, MD  410-837-9500.  It is right across the street from Camden Yards.  I wasn't particularly impressed but it was close to a few good restaurants.

Is Empress replacing Grandeur ?  I thought it was going to be Enchantment again.

1 hour ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

The one and only time that we strayed from our normal hotel (Best Western Plus), we stayed at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Baltimore Downtown/Inner Harbor.   101 S. President Street Baltimore, MD  410-837-9500.  It is right across the street from Camden Yards.  I wasn't particularly impressed but it was close to a few good restaurants.

Is Empress replacing Grandeur ?  I thought it was going to be Enchantment again.

It's Enchantment .... that was an error.

As for hotels .... especially in the Inner Harbor area .... I'd say the two most popular ones are the Hyatt on Light Street (right across from Harborplace) and the Sheraton, which sits behind the Hyatt.  As for the free shuttle ones, there are two Best Westerns that I see are very popular, Dorsey Road (near BWI) and O'Donnell St (on the other side of the Ft. McHenry Tunnel from the Cruise Port) --- I know that there is a nice Pub right by the Dorsey RD location (Stained Glass Pub I think it's called)

We stayed here:  Holiday Inn Express Baltimore at the Stadiums,  1701 Russell Street, Baltimore, MD 21230  410-727-1818

We had a package that included parking and a shuttle to and from the cruise port.  We drove down from NJ so we needed a place to park.  It ended up being a bit cheaper to drive down the night before, stay at the hotel & park there than it would've been to drive down that morning and pay to park at the port.  Go figure.  LOL

We were happy with it - and would stay there again if when we sail from Baltimore in the future.  Wasn't super fancy, but we weren't looking for that.  Easy Uber ride into the Inner Harbor, and they have a complimentary local area shuttle. 

https://www.ihg.com/holidayinnexpress/hotels/us/en/baltimore/balrs/hoteldetail?cm_mmc=GoogleMaps-_-EX-_-US-_-BALRS