Suggestion for a Periscope Msg Forum?

Hi Matt and Community.

Not sure if this is ever been brought up before?

I do see that there is a topic discussion under the people connect forum, a topic listed "periscope Peeps"

I think it would be a great idea, if on the main page of Royal Caribbean Blog, where the different forum's are listed, like Excursions and such, if there was actually a message forum, just for Periscoping posts.

That way, anyone interested in watching the periscopes, it would be much easier way for them, to find out who is Periscoping, from what ship, and when. Just a Suggestion however.

I have enjoyed watching people periscope from different ships. It has inspired me to periscope, from my two upcoming cruises on Royal Caribbean, Allure of the seas, and majesty of the seas.

Question for everyone: what is more useful: One forum with a number of forum threads for each person who is going to be broadcasting or a curated single thread (similar to the When is your next cruise thread)?

I'd vote for one forum with a number of threads.  And ideally each would be entitled with the ship name and sailing date, that way if I was interested in a specific sailing it would be easier to find...

I'd vote for one forum with a number of threads. And ideally each would be entitled with the ship name and sailing date, that way if I was interested in a specific sailing it would be easier to find...

Yes, 🙂 That is the point I was trying to make. This is a very Awesome site, and a very good resource for those who enjoy cruising, and are addicted to cruising, like myself. (I like doing research for my Cruises), being more accessible on main page. I think would also promote, more people to post as well, when they are Pericoping, or to share information, if they know of someone that is Pericoping from a certain ship or area, like Billy scoping the ships pulling out of Port Everglades.(That was Great to watch)

Hello friends!

I really like the idea as well of a forum with a number of threads. I just started using Periscope a couple of weeks ago so definitely love the idea of this as it would definitely let everyone know when your periscopes will be happening.

My first ever post on here and now time for bed. See you all tomorrow! :)

• 2 weeks later...

I'd vote for one forum with a number of threads.  And ideally each would be entitled with the ship name and sailing date, that way if I was interested in a specific sailing it would be easier to find...

I agree with the others: Each planned Periscope Broadcast should be posted as a single thread with a Title Format of "Ship Name - Sail Date" or similar (but standardized).  I recently added my next planned scope under the existing thread, "periscope peeps" . One concern is that readers have to sort through and read all posts in the thread to find the various planned scopes.  [btw, follow me on periscope @Rich_Triplett to watch my upcoming sailings]

I agree with the others: Each planned Periscope Broadcast should be posted as a single thread with a Title Format of "Ship Name - Sail Date" or similar (but standardized).  I recently added my next planned scope under the existing thread, "periscope peeps" . One concern is that readers have to sort through and read all posts in the thread to find the various planned scopes.  [btw, follow me on periscope @Rich_Triplett to watch my upcoming sailings]

Agreed. Since we have a forum, makes sense to create a new thread for each person's planned Periscope

Agreed. Since we have a forum, makes sense to create a new thread for each person's planned Periscope

Yes good idea Matt.

I think I reported some scopes that I learned about under a existing thread in the Periscope forum on main page. From now on I will create a new thread in that same forum, if I find out someone's going to scope, if they have not posted already to notify, just to help people find the scopes easier.

I downloaded Periscope yesterday just so I could watch Matt's periscopes. I don't really understand the technicalities of the app yet and have yet to watch a live one but I'm very excited to watch more and to watch some from actual ships! This sounds like a good way for me to find more!

I downloaded Periscope yesterday just so I could watch Matt's periscopes. I don't really understand the technicalities of the app yet and have yet to watch a live one but I'm very excited to watch more and to watch some from actual ships! This sounds like a good way for me to find more!

Keep playing with it, you should get it. Matt's username is @therclblog , once you follow him your phone or tablet should make a noise to notify you he's online. Normally it's around 7 eastern time, give or take a hour.

If you have any problems just ask us, best of luck.

Welcome Hayley

This is a great forum to find out who is periscoping, from where. and Matt periscopes everyday sometime usually between the hours of four and nine. When you are following someone, it will notify you when they come on to periscope.

Ok dumb question I know and I can hear my boys laughing at me already. What is periscoping?

Hi Shelly

It is live streaming video. In essence you can watch someone Periscoping from whatever adventure/situation that they are showing you, such as someone being on a cruise ship. You can hear, and see, in live time from the periscope. When you follow someone, it gives you notifications, when they come on to air a periscope. If you happen to miss it, does stay up for 24 hours, to playback and view.

Here is a link to check it out.

https://www.periscope.tv/#share