Bedding Preferences , Tuexdo and Tipping

Va4fam

Just a few more days until our cruise.   Quick questions.

How can we specify ahead of time how we want our beds configured?

One of our cabins needs to be two single beds, the other should be one larger bed.

2nd question-we did not prepay tips for this cruise.   Should we go ahead and do that and if so, how do we do it?  

Whether we prepay or not, we usually leave a tip for our cabin attendant.   What's a good rule of thumb to use to leave an appropriate tip?

3rd question-how much notice do you have to give RCI to rent a tuxedo?   We are struggling with some of the measurements for our son....anyone know how far in advance is required to rent a tux? Or how to do the inseam/outseam measurement?

Thanks everyone and happy Holidays!

If there are more than 3 days until you cruise, you can still prepay your gratuities.  If you used a Travel Agent, contact them and have the gratuities prepaid.  If you booked directly with Royal, call them directly and prepay them.  The cabin attendant can configure the rooms the way you want them. Just tell them the first time you see them. 

9 minutes ago, Va4fam said:

Thanks @Waaaytoo for the quick response.   Had hoped to save our cabin attendant from having to redo the beds on the first day.   

unfortunately I have many times put in my bed preference before hand and they never listen and I have to tell the stateroom attendant anyway so plan on having to do that.. 

27 minutes ago, AGSLC5 said:

unfortunately I have many times put in my bed preference before hand and they never listen and I have to tell the stateroom attendant anyway so plan on having to do that.. 

+1.  I completed a special needs form online to have a diabetic sharps container and extension cord for plug in medical equipment in our cabin, but still had to ask for these from the stateroom attendant. 

Not sure about tuxedos. 

17 hours ago, Va4fam said:

How can we specify ahead of time how we want our beds configured?

Your travel agent can specify this in your reservation.  Not to worry, worst case your stateroom attendant can fix it on the first day.

17 hours ago, Va4fam said:

we did not prepay tips for this cruise.   Should we go ahead and do that and if so, how do we do it?  

How to pre-pay gratuities on a Royal Caribbean cruise