Will they tell us before...?

JennyJenny

122 days to go.

Starting to think about packing. I know, I know, 122 days but with my schedule it's going to be the blink of an eye and I want to not feel rushed or stressed. I am also looking at some end of year sales with some cute dresses and might want to pick one up.

The question is: I have seen some nights there is a "70s Night" and other times there is a "White Party". Are we going to find out prior to sailing what kinds of evening events there will be so we can pack accordingly?

I know there are old Cruise Compasses online and I think I have only seen 70s parties on those (I'll be on Grandeur). Will we get more event specific info the close we get? If so, when do we usually see that?

Thanks!

Your best bet is to look at the cruise compasses, or look at your sailing on the Royal Caribbean app. Sometimes the cruise compass will be loaded into the calendar of the app a day or two before the sailing. YMMV here though.  There is no other “advanced” notice. 

21 minutes ago, emsff02 said:

Your best bet is to look at the cruise compasses, or look at your sailing on the Royal Caribbean app. Sometimes the cruise compass will be loaded into the calendar of the app a day or two before the sailing. YMMV here though.  There is no other “advanced” notice. 

Thanks. I have been looking at the Compasses online but mine isn't one of the ones that uses the app. Sounds like I just have to wing it!

1 hour ago, JennyJenny said:

122 days to go.

Starting to think about packing. I know, I know, 122 days but with my schedule it's going to be the blink of an eye and I want to not feel rushed or stressed. I am also looking at some end of year sales with some cute dresses and might want to pick one up.

The question is: I have seen some nights there is a "70s Night" and other times there is a "White Party". Are we going to find out prior to sailing what kinds of evening events there will be so we can pack accordingly?

I know there are old Cruise Compasses online and I think I have only seen 70s parties on those (I'll be on Grandeur). Will we get more event specific info the close we get? If so, when do we usually see that?

Thanks!

On our September Harmony cruise the white night party (11PM) was on the 2nd formal night, and many wore white  to dinner instead of more traditional evening attire.  That may be one way to approach packing....

1 hour ago, emsff02 said:

Depends on the cruise.  Royal App never loaded for us on our Adventure cruise prior to our cruise (I even tried from the terminal and it hadn't loaded yet....maybe the ship had to leave first?)

PS - Adventure had a 70s party.  Didn't notice white party.  But don't know about Grandeur.

7 hours ago, JennyJenny said:

122 days to go.

Thanks!

Unfortunately the app isn't available for Grandeur so you'll have to sift through some older cruise compasses similar to your itinerary.

Have you joined the Lady G facebook page?  

The 70's night is popular, but don't feel the need to dress up unless you really like to do that.

My husband and I always bring outfits for the White night party.  We just look at the compass everyday to see if it is that night.  My outfit is always just a white cardigan, with light colored dress.  Hubby wears a white linen shirt with light khaki pants.  Like @ChessE4 said about his Harmony cruise, everytime we have sailed, it was the 2nd formal night that was the white night, and there were many people in white in the mdr.

It is held later at night.  I want to say usually around 11.  The location varies.  I have attended it on the pool deck (Enchantment....the same size ship as Lady G) and I have seen it in the venues that are just for dancing.

@WannaCruise  Don't know when or which itinerary you did on Adventure, but when we sailed her last July (8 nights) They did have the white night party.  It was the 2nd formal night.  It was held at 11 pm up in the disco (can't recall the name, but the one at the top of the ship).

8 minutes ago, Pima1988 said:

@WannaCruise  Don't know when or which itinerary you did on Adventure, but when we sailed her last July (8 nights) They did have the white night party.  It was the 2nd formal night.  It was held at 11 pm up in the disco (can't recall the name, but the one at the top of the ship).

Thanks.  We did the 6 night, but it's very possible I just didn't see it.  (We only had one formal night)

10 hours ago, Mr. Candyman said:

Unfortunately the app isn't available for Grandeur so you'll have to sift through some older cruise compasses similar to your itinerary.

Thank you. I have sorted through old ones. Wasn't sure if there was any specific notice that came out prior. Many moons ago (over 10 years) my parents asked me to join then for a cruise on a different line and they received that kind of information and communicated it to me prior to sailing. Wasn't sure if that would occur here. Doesn't sound like it will.

1 hour ago, Pima1988 said:

Have you joined the Lady G facebook page?  

The 70's night is popular, but don't feel the need to dress up unless you really like to do that.

My husband and I always bring outfits for the White night party.  We just look at the compass everyday to see if it is that night.  My outfit is always just a white cardigan, with light colored dress.  Hubby wears a white linen shirt with light khaki pants.  Like @ChessE4 said about his Harmony cruise, everytime we have sailed, it was the 2nd formal night that was the white night, and there were many people in white in the mdr.

It is held later at night.  I want to say usually around 11.  The location varies.  I have attended it on the pool deck (Enchantment....the same size ship as Lady G) and I have seen it in the venues that are just for dancing.

1. No. I don't have Facebook ?

2. I adore dressing up. A few years ago, I purchased this gorgeous shimmery wrap dress in a silver frost colour. I use it for my New Years Eve dress each year when I attend my ballroom dance school's party. It's got a retro vibe to it and I think it would be just darling for a 70s moment. However, I did also just find a very lovely white chiffon number that I am dying to wear because it is so swirly and pretty so I was thinking it would be perfect for a white night. I will most likely just bring both and be ready for anything!

3. If it's usually held later at night then I can always do a costume change after dinner ? (I have decided to indulge on my cruise and do all the little things I love like laying in the sun, reading, dressing up, and dancing!)

Thank you!