More than 6 people at Thrill Waterpark Cabana?

chadcf

Does anyone know if we're allowed to have more than 6 people at the thrill waterpark cabana? We have 8 in our group, but not all of them want to do any waterpark stuff. I'm not sure if you need a waterpark wristband to get to the cabanas though, or if it's only for the rides. We'd like to all hang out there while the kids run around and play if that's an option.

14 hours ago, chadcf said:

Does anyone know if we're allowed to have more than 6 people at the thrill waterpark cabana? We have 8 in our group, but not all of them want to do any waterpark stuff. I'm not sure if you need a waterpark wristband to get to the cabanas though, or if it's only for the rides. We'd like to all hang out there while the kids run around and play if that's an option.

You need the water park passes to access the cabana in the water park. Bummer, I know

We had a party of 7 in November.  One person bought a pass, the other 6 divided the cabana cost.  The shore excursion desk on the boat was adamant we could only have 6, but the cabana desk in the water park just marked down 6+1 on her tracking paper and away we went.  Service was great and overall it was worthwhile.

• 1 month later...
12 hours ago, drcmenis said:

Hi! Want to know if you managed to have 8 people in the cabana. Your case is the same as mine! I’ll be there next Jan 2021z

You will all need waterpark access to get to the cabanas.  The cabana will come with access for 6 people into the waterpark and cabana wristbands.  The waterpark access is coded to the SeaPass cards for those 6 individuals.  So the other 2 would need to buy separate waterpark admission.

Whether or not they allow the extra two people into the cabanas is up to whoever is policing that.  The waterpark cabanas aren't really in one central area.  There are sets of 5/6 cabanas flanking the wave pool and located near the ends of the water slides.  I would think there's a cabana attendant at each set of cabanas and they will be the ones who know belongs in the cabanas and who doesn't (wristbands).  

We had a cabana in Dec 2019 and the cabana next to us had more than 6 people in it. I think around 10 people but it was hard to tell. The group ebbed and flowed and was a mix of adults and children. We also went to the park ASAP and stayed until they pushed us back on the ship. We had a great time. I bet the cabana attendant will look the other way on this issue as they want to be tipped. I'm not saying that it is right or wrong, just reality. If you buy the extra park admissions and not alert the people checking passes at the park entrance you should be fine. Being super considerate of your neighbors and tipping for the extra service will go a long way. If your group is anything like ours it will be rare that everyone is in the cabana at the same time, and the cabana will often be empty.