CoCo Cay Pricing Getting Ridiculous

WannaCruise

Anyone else find that pricing is just going up and up at CoCO Cay?  As an example, the waterpark tickets on Anthem is $150 CAD.  Seriously???  We probably hit a record (not one you want to get).  I guess my Harmony cruise is a deal at $131 CAD.

We're fortunate that we booked awhile ago for Anthem and Mariner, but we won't be getting the waterpark going forward (not yet booked on Harmony - we will enjoy the pool and beach that day).

And then, never mind about the cabanas at $2660 CAD for the floating one.

I agree, prices are quite high for things on Coco Cay. When I was there in September we got lucky and booked a chill island cabana for a reasonable cost. A few weeks later they were 1000usd. Everything else went up too. A few weeks prior to the cruise, prices dropped dramatically. 

I am on the Odyssey Inaugural sailing and prices are high for everything. Interestingly, water park cabanas are 1/2 the cost of all the other cabanas right now. Coco Beach club cabanas are insane money. 

I think as long as people actually pay these prices Royal will keep them there. Prices will drop when people stop paying them (though, I doubt people will stop)

10 hours ago, WannaCruise said:

Anyone else find that pricing is just going up and up at CoCO Cay?  As an example, the waterpark tickets on Anthem is $150 CAD.  Seriously???  We probably hit a record (not one you want to get).  I guess my Harmony cruise is a deal at $131 CAD.

We're fortunate that we booked awhile ago for Anthem and Mariner, but we won't be getting the waterpark going forward (not yet booked on Harmony - we will enjoy the pool and beach that day).

I guess its all about how much people willing to pay ...  like any business they will try to find the balance were they can get the most before people will refuse to buy the tickets/pay for cabanas. is it makes sense for people to pay on this water park more than land premium water park ?  maybe , I would not pay such price , but I guess many other willing to pay , if not the price will soon drop. After all the cost of running the park for 100 people is almost the same as running it for 1000 people so every ticket they sell after a certain number is pure profit.

The prices have been fluctuating a lot lately.  We have what we want sorted for our time there.  The waterpark cabana still holding at $499 compared to $999 when they 1st came available to book.  Being our 1st RC cruise and 1st time to Coco Cay we decided to pay the extra for the passes and a personal space for our family to hang out.  Definitely not elite over here, just splurging a little on vacation.

6 minutes ago, DublinFC said:

The prices have been fluctuating a lot lately.  We have what we want sorted for our time there.  The waterpark cabana still holding at $499 compared to $999 when they 1st came available to book.  Being our 1st RC cruise and 1st time to Coco Cay we decided to pay the extra for the passes and a personal space for our family to hang out.  Definitely not elite over here, just splurging a little on vacation.

We have a cruise on Harmony of the Seas in June 2020 (2 adults + 2 kids) and our cabana in the water park,, which we are sharing w/ another couple (2 adults) is priced at $999.00 + water park passes has been at this price for about 5 months now and I'm not expecting it to lower in price. Its a bit pricey, but when we are returning next year on Allure, we'll probably skip the cabana. Its a nice, item to have , but not wouldn't ruin our trip, if we don't have one. We went to Volcano Bay at Universal Studios last year and it was a nice perk to have, since it did rain for an hour or 2 in the afternoon.

3 minutes ago, Srp431 said:

We have a cruise on Harmony of the Seas in June 2020 (2 adults + 2 kids) and our cabana in the water park,, which we are sharing w/ another couple (2 adults) is priced at $999.00 + water park passes has been at this price for about 5 months now and I'm not expecting it to lower in price. Its a bit pricey, but when we are returning next year on Allure, we'll probably skip the cabana. Its a nice, item to have , but not wouldn't ruin our trip, if we don't have one. We went to Volcano Bay at Universal Studios last year and it was a nice perk to have, since it did rain for an hour or 2 in the afternoon.

We are cruising during Dec, might be why I am seeing a better price.  I would not be able to justify $900 on our own.  Splitting with another family makes it more manageable.  

22 hours ago, WannaCruise said:

Next time I am in Coco Cay all I will pay for is maybe a snorkeling excursion.  Up to now we've just enjoyed the beach and warm water.  I'd rather save my $$ for another port.

2 hours ago, Ogalthorpe Haywood said:

That’s about the price I’d be willing to pay. 79.99 is the lowest I’ve seen it for my May sailing. Multiple that by 4 and that’s a nice chunk of change. 

Exactly.  It's not like most are purchasing 1 ticket.  We are a family of 4 as well.  DH and I don't go on the slides but we still need a ticket to get into the area (kids 14 and 10 years).

I am going to Coco Cay this February on Anthem, right now in my cruise planner the water park is $139 per person.  I bought it a while back for $73.99 and I had a hard time swallowing that.  Mariner will also be there the same day as us, so maybe that is why?  Either way, that is crazy.     

Looking around the cruise planner, everything is more expensive now, no sale banners on anything.  I thankfully made the last of my purchases on black friday, beverage and internet packages are all significantly higher now.   

Well, except for arcade credits.  Those are still 20% off ?

1 hour ago, JBC said:

I am going to Coco Cay this February on Anthem, right now in my cruise planner the water park is $139 per person.  I bought it a while back for $73.99 and I had a hard time swallowing that.  Mariner will also be there the same day as us, so maybe that is why?  Either way, that is crazy.     

Looking around the cruise planner, everything is more expensive now, no sale banners on anything.  I thankfully made the last of my purchases on black friday, beverage and internet packages are all significantly higher now.   

Well, except for arcade credits.  Those are still 20% off ?

We bought our Anthem waterpark tickets for $74 (CAD), but that was the half day park tickets....full day at the time was $105 CAD.  Hoping our half day gets converted to full day since it no longer exists, and that is much better than $150 CAD which is the going rate.

On Mariner, which has 2 stops at CoCo Cay, we grabbed the 2 day pass for $105 when they first introduced it, and a couple weeks later they raised it to $198 CAD.  So best to book early and watch prices (although it often only goes up).  As mentioned in my post, we won't be purchasing the waterpark tickets for our Harmony cruise.  It's hit our limit of what we'll spend.  Glad we have a few other cruises that stop at CoCo Cay (as long as they don't get cancelled as well, like our Navigator cruise did due to Dorian...lol).

PS - Just watch prices. Often those sale banners end up giving the same price.  It's all marketing.

1 hour ago, USCG Teacher said:

We're even higher: $139.  Summer Oasis-class prices. ?  We'll be enjoying a glass-bottom boat tour and relaxing on the beach instead! 

Ok you win.  That is the highest yet....assuming that is USD?  If so, $139 USD is around $182 CAD (with our Anthem being the most at $150 CAD).  Pretty insane...especially when you are usually purchasing more than 1 ticket, and kids need an adult to have a ticket as well (don't remember the age limit offhand for being allowed to go alone)   

Just a tip on the water park: we’re in our 50’s in excellent shape. The stairs on the tower about did me in! Lol 

The highest one really beats you up. 

We paid  $49 for our Mariner cruise last October to test it out before buying at $79/$89 for our Symphony cruise in May. 

Bottom line, the slides can be pretty intense. 

I don’t care to do it again. Glad I only paid $49 to find that out. 

It’s dynamic pricing all based on supply and demand, hence why Oasis-class ships tend to have the highest prices. Think about it. If the price was more reasonable the park would be packed and perhaps sell out, making no one happy. I don’t like the pricing either, but it just makes it easier for me to say no and enjoy a free chair on the beach. That’s my perfect day!

1 hour ago, twangster said:

I had booked a combo zip-line and water park for $63 but then hurricane Dorian caused us to divert.  I had the balloon ride for $29.

At these rates I'll never get to try the water park, balloon or the zip line.  

Thank goodness so much of of CocoCay is included.

Same with us in pricing...but just the waterpark tickets.  We had it booked at a great price on Navigator but we skipped CoCo Cay due to Dorian.  I guess i should note in my original post that we always travel at our March break or end of summer, so our prices are high to begin with, but we will never get to book it again at the Navigator price.

Too bad you had a great opportunity to try the balloon or zip line but those too have gone way up, so I hear you.