First Time @ Coco Cay - What should I do?

I would suggest finding some chairs and relaxing on the beach. Rent some snorkel gear and do that for a while, get some food, drinks and just enjoy the day and explore the island. If you are with a group of people, you could consider a cabana to use as a home base (assuming they aren't sold out, or ridiculously expensive) sometimes this close to sailing the price of the water park cabanas can be a good value since passes are included. (they were 299 for my sailing).

Enjoy the cruise!

I have to agree with @emsff02 we have gone snorkeling and enjoyed it, we have been there many times and each time it was one of our favorite spots that we stopped due to the great weather and just being able to relax rather than worry about crime, or being somewhere at a particular time.  The new additions are great, and the last time we went we REALLY enjoyed the pool, but we just enjoy relaxing and watching the day roll by.  I am sure the new additions are great fun, but I am perfectly fine enjoying what they have for free (or what comes with a cabana rental, which is something else that is amazing.) 

I was there last week and they have some great excursions, we did the bottom boat tour and swimming with the pigs, you will need to sign up early to make sure you get  a spot. You can also rent jet skis or snorkel, they have paddle boards and kayaks and I also saw parasailing ..

Whatever you choose to do you will have a blast, I've been there twice and I can't wait to go back again!!

3 hours ago, Letthecruisebegin said:

What beach the best on CocoCay for snorkling?

I believe it’s Chill Beach. It was our first time there in August and we had a blast snorkeling along the rocks. It wasn’t the best we’ve ever seen, but we brought our own masks so it was free and fun. Saw a lot of small fish and one ray. 

I would also recommend just finding some chairs on the beach or at the pool and just enjoying the day. Other than drinks, we found no reason to spend extra money and truly had a perfect day.

Hoping for more of the same in two weeks on Mariner!

19 hours ago, Melodyjn said:

I was there last week and they have some great excursions, we did the bottom boat tour and swimming with the pigs, you will need to sign up early to make sure you get  a spot

I've been dying for some feedback on the glass bottom boat tour!  My son is super interested in doing it, so I went ahead and booked it, but I haven't been able to come across any sort of feedback or details from those who have actually done it.  So, @Melodyjn, can I harass you for some details?  ?

2 hours ago, USCG Teacher said:

I've been dying for some feedback on the glass bottom boat tour!  My son is super interested in doing it, so I went ahead and booked it, but I haven't been able to come across any sort of feedback or details from those who have actually done it.  So, @Melodyjn, can I harass you for some details?  ?

I would say the level of entertainment from this excursion will come from how much you have been around the ocean. For me I live in Florida and own a boat so we are always in the water, so everything we saw was no different for us then being home, however the 2 guys on the boat were very entertaining, one of the guys stays in the water and picks up any sea life he comes across and brings it on the boat and passes it around while explaining in detail about that object, we tried to get around to the other side of the island to see sharks and dolphins but the water was too rough and we had to turn around sadly.  I attached a video of part of the trip, LOTS of fish to be seen!  All in all we had a good time, it was nice being out on the water,  for the price I do recommend! 

FC71E2E7-790B-439A-944E-72408DA5C335.jpeg

CD57784D-FDEF-4750-B032-21A9EC459BF8.jpeg

8F2C0478-F058-4278-96B9-E64BB1446260.jpeg

Thanks for the video and the pic, @Melodyjn!  Very helpful!  Having the crew actually bring some of the sea life on board is pretty cool.  The biggest body of water either of my boys have been on is Lake George, so I suspect that this will be a hit!  Out of curiosity, were there lockers near the pier where the trip departs from?  We're doing the 1st tour of the day, so I'd like to avoid having to walk back to the ship to get stuff after the tour if possible. If not, c'est la vie!  Sorry for the barrage of questions, and thanks again for the feedback!

On 12/23/2019 at 4:51 PM, l9dance said:

Hi all,

Just booked a last minute sailing on Navigator in 25 days! What do you recommend doing at Coco Cay for the first time!

Looking through the cruise planner and I am overwhelmed with all of the options!

I would try the free stuff unless you get a really good deal on the other items discussed above.  We like Chill Island and generally snorkel by the rocks that surround the cove.  Next time I will pay for the snorkel excursion that is supposed to take me to a nearby natural reef.  Whatever you choose, have a great cruise.