Deluxe Drink Package Questions

VillainsGin

Sorry if this has been asked, I just wanted to know the process.

I recently purchased the deluxe drink package (UDP) for my S/O and I.

My question is:

Do I need to pick up a special drink card or wristband so they know I purchased the UDP?

Is the UDP integrated into the seapass card and I just show that?

I understand the UDP covers a certain threshold before you pay for the difference if more expensive, will the bartender let me know before charging the difference?

Concerned they might charge my card per drink if I don't properly let them know I purchased the UDP.

Bonus question so i don't have to make another thread:

I bought Zoom's surf&stream internet package:

Do they give me a certain password so I can connect to their wifi when I board the ship or is it maybe a piece of paper in our stateroom?

(Or do I have to ask customer service desk?)

Hey,

We found they always told us before making if we had to pay extra. Every drink you get you hand over your sea pass regardless of package.  It has your drink package on it, age, room number, if you have prepaid tips... everything!

For the surf and stream we got a bit of paper with our unique code on it when we checked in. 

hope this nailed all your questions and have a great cruise. 

Nikkoo

But takes forever for the barman to log your drinks on the system, you would imagine they simply have to swipe you card and enter the drinks you've just been served, after many years of cruising with Royal Caribbean I still can't get my head around how it takes so long ?

6 hours ago, TJ! said:

Do I need to pick up a special drink card or wristband so they know I purchased the UDP?

Is the UDP integrated into the seapass card and I just show that?

I understand the UDP covers a certain threshold before you pay for the difference if more expensive, will the bartender let me know before charging the difference?

Do they give me a certain password so I can connect to their wifi when I board the ship or is it maybe a piece of paper in our stateroom?

No wristband needed.  It is coded onto your SeaPass.  Until you get your card when rooms are open, you can use your SetSail and it will just show on your account.  The bartenders are usually pretty good about letting you know when a drink goes above the threshold.

As for the wifi, when you connect to Voom for the first time it will ask you if you want to purchase a package or browse for free.  You select purchase a package and you will log into your Royal Caribbean account which is tied to your Cruise Planner/reservations.  It will recognize you've purchased a package and should show you have a package available.  You select that and you set up your login name and your PIN.  That's what you will use to log in.

3 hours ago, Mike.s said:

But takes forever for the barman to log your drinks on the system, you would imagine they simply have to swipe you card and enter the drinks you've just been served, after many years of cruising with Royal Caribbean I still can't get my head around how it takes so long ?

Some bartenders have the knack and do it quick, others take their sweet ol time. Now some of the nicer bartenders will provide your beverage prior to starting the point of sale side of the operation.

Spending some time at the counter also shows how convoluted the system...

1. Login (if timed out or different person is logged in)

2. Dig in menus to find item

3. Final out the bill

4. Swipe card

5. Verify picture 

6. Zero out bill with package

7. Close out bill 

8. Print receipt (Non package or by request. Haven't seen the push for extra gratuity via receipt recently for beverage package holders.)

Also another thought is some will do the cleanup process if required prior to running the transaction in the system.