Drinking age question.

Pkong

Incorrect.  Royal Caribbean rules do not override country specific laws and regulations when you are on that countries soil.  If the drinking age is 18 in a country RCL has no oversight as to whether or not you can be served legally in that country.  On the ship of course they will not serve you.

Royal can impose their policy on ship booked excursions that include alcohol.

You are welcome to pull out you wallet and buy a beverage if the venue the ship excursion visits allows it.  Sometimes the excursion is taken to a private tasting room where you can't use money to buy anything, sometimes it's more or less a public bar where anyone can walk up and buy a drink.  

On 12/22/2019 at 8:49 PM, Pkong said:

I am going on a ship originating from the USA. I know that on the ship the drinking age is 21, but in Mexico it is 18. If I was to go on a excursion through Royal in Mexico, and there was alcohol provided, would I be able to drink if I was 18? 

We have found that our son was served at the excursion sites regardless of Royal's policy.  So in St. Maarten he had rum punch at 16 (14 was the drinking age there according to the contractor) and in Mexico he had a local spirit when he was 20.  Basically, they served anyone who wanted the drink and pointed out non-alcoholic drinks for others.   Truthfully, the cups were small, and no one was getting inebriated.