Harmony of the Seas specialty dining

Worldtraveller

Hi, we are cruising on Harmony in February.  I called Royal to see if we can just go to one restaurant and they said no, there is only a package for 3 or more.  We don't want to do three, just one.  Should I go to the restaurant when we get on the ship and see if I can make one?  Also, I'm reading conflicting information about what the charge covers.  I read somewhere that the 49.95 is a credit towards dinner and we would be responsible for the rest and others that it covers the whole thing.  I mean, whats the point of a flat charge if it doesn't include the entire dinner?

This is our 8th cruise or so and we've done the dining on Norwegian but never on Royal

You can make reservations in the Cruise Planner for specialty dining for individual restaurants. There aren't any discounts like there would be with the 3-package, but it does allow you to get better seating times. If you wait until you are onboard, the most popular times may already be filled and you could be left with early or late time slots to choose from.

5 hours ago, Worldtraveller said:

Hi, we are cruising on Harmony in February.  I called Royal to see if we can just go to one restaurant and they said no, there is only a package for 3 or more.  We don't want to do three, just one.  Should I go to the restaurant when we get on the ship and see if I can make one?  Also, I'm reading conflicting information about what the charge covers.  I read somewhere that the 49.95 is a credit towards dinner and we would be responsible for the rest and others that it covers the whole thing.  I mean, whats the point of a flat charge if it doesn't include the entire dinner?

This is our 8th cruise or so and we've done the dining on Norwegian but never on Royal

Alcohol is excluded, of course, and I think there is an upcharge for a whole lobster.  That could be why you were told there might be additional costs.  We have always found something good to eat with the normal menu and no upcharges.

• 5 weeks later...
On 12/22/2019 at 2:40 PM, Worldtraveller said:

I am going on the Harmony in March.... Cant wait!! And I was looking at the specialty dining too. I was able to book just one restaurant - Sabor- in the cruise planner. I am convinced that some of the RC people have no clue on what they are talking about ... ha ha ha ha

29 minutes ago, Worldtraveller said:

JG, great.  Thanks for the advice  I think you're right.  I often will get one answer on the phone and yet a few more when we board.  I think it's all about getting you booked into something as quickly as possible.  Have a great cruise!

You have great cruise too! I am counting down the days! I have one this March on Harmony... then Harmony again in May... and then Oasis in March 2021.  ?

Just now, Pratt2112 said:

We were told we could not book any specialty restaurants until we were on the ship.  Is that true?

If you pre-purchase a dining package then you can't make your reservations until you are on the ship.  

If you only want to book a single night at a restaurant, you can do that online.