App or Cruise Planner

Baked Alaska

13 minutes ago, Baked Alaska said:

Hello all! We are closing in on our 90 check-in for our Oasis sailing. Which is "better", checking in via RCCL app or the Cruise Planner? Thank you!

I prefer Cruise Planner because I want to be able to see the entire screen easily and print a page if I need to.  Sometimes there is an issue locating information, like an emergency contact not traveling with us. We end up running around the house looking for an address book, etc.  My wife uses the app to check Cruise Compass/schedule before the cruise.

4 hours ago, Mr. Candyman said:

Either one works for me but when you complete the check in using the app, (found out the hard way) you can't go back and edit it....you'd have to use the computer to edit in that situation.

So, I can check-in and then edit online via cruise planner? What sort of thing would I need to edit?

4 hours ago, Mr. Candyman said:

Either one works for me but when you complete the check in using the app, (found out the hard way) you can't go back and edit it....you'd have to use the computer to edit in that situation.

This is no longer the case! In the latest version of the app, released within the past week, there is now an option to edit check-in. These struggles are now over!!

4 minutes ago, brycemo said:

This is no longer the case! In the latest version of the app, released within the past week, there is now an option to edit check-in. These struggles are now over!!

I downloaded the new app, but appears the same in all respects (Android). I may change my tune inside the 90 day window.

Edited by Baked Alaska
Me speak caveman

1 hour ago, Baked Alaska said:

I downloaded the new app, but appears the same in all respects (Android). I may change my tune inside the 90 day window.

This is what the Apple App Store says about the recent update. It is interesting as Android is known to receive updates before Apple due to more relaxed regulations, but nevertheless give it a few days and you may find it appears. If you still have over 90 days then there's no rush just yet. Good luck!

IMG_5FFB9FB4A1BC-1.jpeg

53 minutes ago, Baked Alaska said:

We are in Sky Class, is this the same sort of "priority".

No..but you can follow the signs for suite check-in. 

Priority check-in is expedited boarding which means when you get to the terminal you actually don't even have to check-in with anyone and you can board with the SetSail pass in the app.  Means all your info and the photo you took yourself is cleared for boarding..kind of like they do with checking in for flights online.

Just now, AshleyDillo said:

No..but you can follow the signs for suite check-in. 

Priority check-in is expedited boarding which means when you get to the terminal you actually don't even have to check-in with anyone and you can board with the SetSail pass in the app.  Means all your info and the photo you took yourself is cleared for boarding..kind of like they do with checking in for flights online.

So, kind of a tangent question. I plan to use the app to check in, but! Should we use suites check-in or the priority check-in? Go with the shorter line?

2 hours ago, Baked Alaska said:

So, kind of a tangent question. I plan to use the app to check in, but! Should we use suites check-in or the priority check-in? Go with the shorter line?

If you are going out of Terminal A, take the suites checkin.  They should send you that way when they look at your SetSail but if not just tell them you're in a suite and you get to go up the magic elevator.