benefits of booking a future cruise?

Gerryp

its not much really....unless ur booking a week long cruise in a suite...other than that..u get $25-50 bucks..the prices aren't cheaper......and yes, you do get a reduced deposit, which doesn't make anything else cheaper...just delays the process of paying them....

I did it once in 14 cruises...and back when I did it the incentive was much better than now with the refundable/non-refundable catch they get you on..

For shorter sailings, the primary perk will be smaller deposit and onboard credit. That said, for our October 2020 cruise, we got to pick our room (balcony) and pick (interior) the room across the hall for my mom and sister who will be going with--so choice of stateroom is also a good reason to book onboard.

As other posters have said, I believe the biggest advantage to booking on board is the reduced deposit. With the deposit reduced as low as $100 pp I don't mind getting the cheaper non refundable and risking losing just $200. I won't do the same when I have to put up $900.00. Secondly, getting to sit together and see exactly what rooms are available with the next cruise sales people is a big bonus also.