Oasis Class Rules You May Not Know

Garretts1500

I thought I had done my homework for my first cruise BUT, here are some tips I learned on Harmony of the seas.  We booked this ship for all the “extra fun activities” (zip line, ultimate abyss, rock wall etc,). We found a few negatives.

The on boat zip line requires “secure shoes”.  My wife assumed the shoes she wears to theme park on roller coasters or even on dragons breath zip line are secure...not so!  Shoes must have laces!!! I could not find this anywhere!  

Obviously the rock walls include the same standard.  She didn’t pack shoes with laces so she couldn’t use these options!  

When speaking with guest services, we got an apology and “yeah we’ve heard that before”. Don’t miss out like we did!!  

the ultimate abyss has certain rules that are hard to find!  Do not wear a tank top!!  Yes you’re in the sun in 80 degree weather but your expected to wear some type of sleeve so be sure to do that...otherwise it’s a trip to the room!

waterslides!  You can have buttons or zippers on your back pocket but watch out for a smart watch!!  That Apple Watch you’ve always got on? That is NOT ALLOWED  on water slides!!  

long story short, ditch everything before adventures on the boat, wear sleeves, and make sure your shoes have LACES!!!  It will give you a much better experience 

On 12/19/2019 at 4:12 PM, Garretts1500 said:

the ultimate abyss has certain rules that are hard to find!  Do not wear a tank top!!  Yes you’re in the sun in 80 degree weather but your expected to wear some type of sleeve so be sure to do that...otherwise it’s a trip to the room!

Are secured shoes (laced) required for that as well?

On 12/19/2019 at 4:12 PM, Garretts1500 said:

The on boat zip line requires “secure shoes”.  My wife assumed the shoes she wears to theme park on roller coasters or even on dragons breath zip line are secure...not so!  Shoes must have laces!!! I could not find this anywhere!  

Obviously the rock walls include the same standard.  She didn’t pack shoes with laces so she couldn’t use these options!

You're right.  Easiest solution would be to state the rules specifically so everyone is aware ahead of time.  But I'm not surprised about the restrictions.  My guess; On the zip line, a shoe comes off and would fall 9 decks onto public space.  On the rock wall, it falls 40 feet and might hit or distract the individual holding your tether line.  As for the abyss, there are several threads describing brush burns that occurred if an arm was extended.  Long sleeves might offer some protection.  

1 hour ago, carlosalonsor said:

It's also interesting how this rules does not applies for some people, like Instagram or Youtube "Influencers" who are allowed to use the waterslides even with a Gopro or similar but you can't use the slides if you are wearing a Wow Band! 

Of course..Royal is making $$ from them so they get a free pass on lots I am sure...this is true with most ppl and business in today's society..

I ended up wasting $20 on waters shoes as I was told that the same would be true for using the zipline on Labadee......and I only packed flip flops.....but once I got there of course they let ppl wear anything on their feet

2 hours ago, monctonguy said:

Of course..Royal is making $$ from them so they get a free pass on lots I am sure...this is true with most ppl and business in today's society..

I ended up wasting $20 on waters shoes as I was told that the same would be true for using the zipline on Labadee......and I only packed flip flops.....but once I got there of course they let ppl wear anything on their feet

The same thing happened to me. They wouldn't let me use the Harmony's Zipline with my water shoes... shoes I used the day before on the Zipline on Labadee

?‍♂️