Save onboard credit?

KD412

I recently repriced our upcoming cruises and got some onboard credit. I see that it shows up automatically in the cruise planner, but I’m wondering if I have to use this before a credit card when making an online purchase or if we can save that for when we board. There are two excursions we still plan to book so that’s why I’m wondering. Thanks! 

2 minutes ago, KD412 said:

I recently repriced our upcoming cruises and got some onboard credit. I see that it shows up automatically in the cruise planner, but I’m wondering if I have to use this before a credit card when making an online purchase or if we can save that for when we board. There are two excursions we still plan to book so that’s why I’m wondering. Thanks! 

No, you do not have to use the OBC first.  We always have OBC on our account prior to the cruise but I "save" all of that OBC for when we are on board.  You can either use it to make pre-cruise purchases or save it for use once you get on board.

1 minute ago, StephanieH said:

If you aren't paid in full, I would wait to use it.  If another offer comes out that's a better deal and doesn't include an OBC, it will fall off.  You'll have 24 hours to make payment on the cruise planner to keep your purchase from cancelling.

Thank you! This was my concern, we still have about nine months to go and if something better comes I want to be able to change it without worrying about other purchases. 

1 hour ago, StephanieH said:

If you aren't paid in full, I would wait to use it.  If another offer comes out that's a better deal and doesn't include an OBC, it will fall off.  You'll have 24 hours to make payment on the cruise planner to keep your purchase from cancelling.

I feel like I had more than 24 hours (like a week?) but it was only $75 dollars and they emailed me EVERYDAY so by the third day I paid. ?