Galley Brunch Name Change

melmar02

Price checking my drink package this morning, and I hovered over the Onboard Activities where I saw something new. Well new to me, as I don't check this section very often. Sorry if this is old news. 

The Bottomless Galley Brunch tour has changed its name to Sip. Tour. Brunch. I was all excited to read up on a new activity, but it looks the same as the old version to me. The pricing is the same as in the screen shot for Enchantment in Feb. and Liberty in Nov., but to be honest, I am not sure how this compares to the tour under the old marketing name. I got enough galley time in culinary school, so it never interested me enough to pay attention. 

image.thumb.png.e4348f9fef97355d960d8d9755c72ea4.png

The price has also changed on this. I bought it as the "Bottomless Galley Brunch" in September at an even $35pp. (Not discounted. It was this price every time I viewed it for several months)

My cruise now shows it under this new name at $49.99.

Also, "No Shorts or Skirts" is listed in the Important Notes. I remember the closed toed shoes rule, but, I don't recall this being there before. Anyone know for sure if this has always been a restriction?

SipTourBrunch.jpg

4 minutes ago, SPS said:

Also, "No Shorts or Skirts" is listed in the Important Notes. I remember the closed toed shoes rule, but, I don't recall this being there before. Anyone know for sure if this has always been a restriction?

I recall same as you. Closed toed shoes were the requirement. The no shorts rule seems like it has to be a mistake.

51 minutes ago, Matt said:

I recall same as you. Closed toed shoes were the requirement. The no shorts rule seems like it has to be a mistake.

I'm surprised it wasn't a requirement before if the guests are in areas where actual food prep is taking place. Health codes can vary depending on location, but most require employees' body hair be covered - specifically mentioning hair and beard nets and a more generic line about clothing that covers body hair. I cringe every time I see Mario Batali in his shorts and clogs on tv. Not that he's cooking with his legs, but it grosses me out. Long pants would also help prevent a burn or cut if something is spilled on or dropped around a guest. Health codes don't usually mention guests in the kitchen, but if it were my line they were coming down, I would want the same precautions taken to ensure food quality and passenger safety.

10 hours ago, Matt said:

When I did the All-Access Tour I was initially wearing cargo shorts.  They asked me to change into pants citing safety reasons. I think they will cite the same reasons for the Galley Brunch

12 hours ago, Matt said:

We cruised on Adventure in 2017 and booked this onboard for our whole family. Had to cancel, though, because we were told that shorts were not allowed and neither my kids nor I had long pants on board. 

I have gone on this tour twice and each time it has been different, as if they have been working out how they want it to work (the first time the food was served as a buffet and the second time there was a set menu), what they want to call it, and how much they want it to be.  I am especially disappointed in the fact that previously the galley brunch could be included in a dining package.  We are going on a cruise in 2 weeks and have purchased the unlimited dining package so we were planning on doing the galley brunch again.  Now, we won't be able to do so. Boo!