Flowrider and water slides

JRogers

We just got back from a 5 night Bahama cruise on the Mariner of the Seas.  I am a 57 year old female.  If any of you are feeling hesitant about trying out the Flowrider and the water slides on the ship - DON'T.  Both were a blast.  I told the staff at the Flowrider that if I came over to the side I was done.  I didn't want to "wipe out."  I was able to ride it on my stomach, and even put my arms out to my sides.  I didn't get on my knees or even try to stand up.  Just being able to stay on it for a little while was fine with me.  

I did the blue water slide, and it was a breeze.  I didn't do either of these two activities until the last day we were cruising, and wish I had done them every day.

YOLO!

I'm glad you had fun. I think many people forget, or are hesitant to "get out of their comfort zone" when doing some of these activities. Its all included in your cruise fare, I cant think of any reason why not to try these activites (unless your physical health prevents that of course)

• 2 years later...
6 hours ago, MrHaga said:

Before trying Slides, Flowrider, rock climbing walls, etc....

Do we still need to sign any papers / get a wristband like we had to, before? (Like 14 years ago ? 🙂) ...If So, how is this done in 2022?

Yes, you do. They have a kiosk near the flowrider for that

2 hours ago, MrHaga said:

Need to sign also for Rock climbing wall, slides and zip line aswell?

Correct; waiver signture would be required for minors to ride/use the attractions. Its a one time process; make sure whenever you go; to sign for them all and avoid coming back later for a different activity. 

I just want to add in my support for the flowrider.

I was interested in my first 3 cruises but too scared of embarrassing myself since the spectators were kinda harsh on those who wiped out. But on Odyssey with limited capacity, I got my chance with only a small crowd watching and it was great!

The instructor kept an eye on me and corrected my form and when he saw I had a good handle of the belly board he showed me how to hop up on my knees and encouraged me even after I failed the first time. And I did it! managed to stay hands free for a whole 5 seconds but it was awesome!

Now that I've gotten an opportunity under my belt, I'm looking forward to doing it again on Allure.

Also - wiping out looks scarier than it really is. Both times I was scooped up into a sitting position by the water despite falling off the board forward facing and on the side. Got water up my nose and what not but nothing that hurt.