MDR Special Requests?

FManke

This isn't exactly what you're asking but it is an MDR special request - Dining team was alerted to my friend's digestive problems (he had been in the ER the weekend before with an ongoing) and had a conversation about what he could and could not eat. They wound up blending some of his dinners so he could digest better. They also made plain pasta for him a few other nights.

11 hours ago, FManke said:

As @Matthas mentioned numerous times, he always requests some Indian Curry during his MDR dinners as a special request?

What off menu dishes or items have you requested and received? 

Any requests denied?

My daughter loves strawberries and was able to get a bowl of strawberries at each dinner, the fruit salad she got had 1 strawberry cut in half. We mentioned it to our waiter and he made sure, she got a bowl of 10 or so strawberries at each dinner + 2 plates of chocolate dipped strawberries on formal nights without asking. Her eyes lighted up.

On our recent Adventure cruise, one of our tablemates had certain dietary requirements that included one evening asking for a plate of boiled green vegetables topped with sautéed mushrooms. She also told them about a fruit and soy milk dessert that she makes at home and they made it for her without her even asking. Each evening they would bring her the next night's menu so she could choose what she wanted and tell them about any adjustments. They were always very accommodating.

6 hours ago, labdogs42 said:

What the heck are savory bites?

3 hours ago, Srp431 said:

same question. I've heard of them, but not sure what they are

They are very small brown bread rolls with poppy seeds on top. If you Google "Royal Caribbean savory bites" and then click the images tab you will find lots of pics. They used to be a standard in the MDR but now you can only get them by asking specifically for them. I can take them or leave them but my SIL really likes them.

On Harmony our waiter asked where our family is from. When we told him we were Filipino, he brought us delicious chicken Adobo from the crew cafe.  Also by request, every evening he brought us a large spread of amazing Indian dishes. By the second night, on the table waiting for us were larger made up plates of shrimp cocktails, sliced fruits and cheese plates. That was a nice touch!  We didn't have to order those like we did the night before. He also brought us entree's to sample that we didn't personally order. It was awesome!

On 12/24/2019 at 2:34 AM, FionaMG said:

They are very small brown bread rolls with poppy seeds on top. If you Google "Royal Caribbean savory bites" and then click the images tab you will find lots of pics. They used to be a standard in the MDR but now you can only get them by asking specifically for them. I can take them or leave them but my SIL really likes them.

Thanks for the inform. I checked the images on the web and they look good. Will need to askfor them on our Freedom cruise this March during spring break in the dining room. This will be about 3 weeks after Freedom has been amped-up leaving out of San Juan.

• 1 month later...
On 12/24/2019 at 9:34 PM, FionaMG said:

I am so glad to hear this! I thought they had all but disappeared. Now I know to ask - thank you!