Solo Cruising Question

ashonthesea

Hello all! My very first cruise is coming up soon, and I could not be more excited! I will also be going solo, so I wanted to find out about people's experiences with leaving items out, either on the pool deck or beaches at CocoCay while swimming. Are people generally ok with this, no items gone missing or moved? Obviously anything very important I'll be keeping in my room's safe, but would like to carry a little cash and my phone or (inexpensive) camera with me for photos without too much worry.

Thanks!

34 minutes ago, ashonthesea said:

Hello all! My very first cruise is coming up soon, and I could not be more excited! I will also be going solo, so I wanted to find out about people's experiences with leaving items out, either on the pool deck or beaches at CocoCay while swimming. Are people generally ok with this, no items gone missing or moved? Obviously anything very important I'll be keeping in my room's safe, but would like to carry a little cash and my phone or (inexpensive) camera with me for photos without too much worry.

Thanks!

There are lockers available at no charge at a couple of places on the island if you are concerned.

I just got off Oasis for my first cruise and also solo.  I had my stuff like seapass card, sunscreen, and phone in a backpack.  I left them under my chair when in the pool and going on the water slides.  I don't think anyone would ever mess with them on the ship.  I also went to Hollywood Beach the day before the cruise and left my stuff alone while I was swimming.  Same thing when we stopped in St Maarten.  There are so many tourist around no one would try to mess with your things.  I could be wrong.