Drink Package help

Caryn

We are getting ready to sail on Independence of the Seas for a 5-night cruise. I noticed online the drink package is offered at buy one get one 50% off. If I don't want to buy this right now, will this option be available when we get on the ship, or will I have to pay full price? Does anyone know if this is an online only deal?

Hi @Caryn, welcome to the RCBlog forums!

In addition to what @WAAAYTOOO noted, keep in mind that the price you see in the cruise planner already has the BOGO50 applied. If you see $56/night, say, you will be paying $56/night for each person whether one person or both of you buy the package. It won't be that one of you pays $56/night while the other pays $28/night.

Royal can be tricky with their promotional wording. Easier way to look at "BOGO50" is "25% off for everyone".

• 2 weeks later...

Here's the pricing from my upcoming list..shows that it's really all over the place and no logical way to predict anything!

December 29, 2019 - 7-night ABC Southern Caribbean Freedom of the Seas (3 days out):  
Current pricing:  $56 DX | $68 DX+Voom | $26 Refreshment | $8.99 Soda | $21 Soda+Voom
Bought DX for $49 on August 8, 2019 (133 days out)

June 5, 2020 - 7-night Alaska Ovation of the Seas (162 days out):  
Current pricing:  $51 DX | $65 DX+Voom | $28 Refreshment | $8.99 Soda | $22 Soda+Voom
Bought DX for $48 on November 27, 2019 (191 days out)

October 11, 2020 - 7-night Canada Brillance of the Seas (290 days out):
Current pricing:  $55 DX | $69 DX+Voom | $28 Refreshment | $8.99 Soda | $22 Soda+Voom

November 5, 2020 - 4-night Inaugural Odyssey of the Seas (315 days out):
Current pricing:  $65 DX | $79 DX+Voom | $28 Refreshment | $8.99 Soda | $22 Soda+Voom

3 hours ago, Russr said:

I have a March 28th cruise on Adventure of the seas and was hoping there would be a Christmas sale on the drink package.As yet nothing.I have seen it at $61 at it's lowest.To me that is totally outrageous.Has anyone seen it lower?

The week of March 28th is part of spring break timing for a lot of places. It's not a holiday like Christmas or New Years or Thanksgiving, but it's one of the peak times for cruising. They're likely getting enough college students and others buying in on the package at whatever price that they feel no need to discount it further.