Anthem - When are Sea Plex kids stuff?

WannaCruise

IFly and North Star opened up for our Anthem cruise.  So I booked us, and selected mid - late morning times, both on sea days (only offered).  But I'm concerned that it will interfere with bumper cars and other fun stuff going on at the Sea Plex.  I know that you typically have to line up for Sea Plex stuff early.

Anyone know when these are typically opened?  Are they first thing in the morning?  Or afternoon times?

15 minutes ago, WannaCruise said:

IFly and North Star opened up for our Anthem cruise.  So I booked us, and selected mid - late morning times, both on sea days (only offered).  But I'm concerned that it will interfere with bumper cars and other fun stuff going on at the Sea Plex.  I know that you typically have to line up for Sea Plex stuff early.

Anyone know when these are typically opened?  Are they first thing in the morning?  Or afternoon times?

Times vary.  You can consult past Cruise Compasses to get an idea.  Since the area is multi-use, it's always being used for something so there is always an activity going on.

When you get onboard you can go to the SeaPlex and they will have the schedule posted for the different times for that cruise.

Thank you....good to know that there are multiple offerings.

@twangster thanks so much for the screen shot.  So smart to take one when you get there so you can see the weekly schedule.  Ours is only a 7 day cruise, but gives me an idea and can see there are many times.  It looks like it was offered on port days too?

@WannaCruise, I would suggest canceling your sea day North Star ride and to wait until you're on board to schedule a port day ride. Having done both, I can tell you that while it's cool to be 300 feet up above a cruise ship in the middle of the ocean, the view is... umm....

as boring as watching grass grow. ?

You can make reservations on board using the Royal app, and depending on the ports you're visiting and what your plans are in each, you might not even need a reservation if it's a port where you plan to stay on the ship all day anyway, or only briefly go into port.

58 minutes ago, JLMoran said:

@WannaCruise, I would suggest canceling your sea day North Star ride and to wait until you're on board to schedule a port day ride. Having done both, I can tell you that while it's cool to be 300 feet up above a cruise ship in the middle of the ocean, the view is... umm....

as boring as watching grass grow. ?

You can make reservations on board using the Royal app, and depending on the ports you're visiting and what your plans are in each, you might not even need a reservation if it's a port where you plan to stay on the ship all day anyway, or only briefly go into port.

Thanks so much for the feedback.  But I like watching grass grow...lol.

I was actually hoping to book North Star on our Nassau day. We're not getting off the ship and so would be perfect, but it is only offered on cruise planner on the sea days.  I've booked it on Day 7, so do you think we can keep the booking and then check when we get on board to see if they do in fact offer it on the port day?  I'd hate to cancel and then end up with no time (as there is another post stating that it doesn't run on port days) .

4 hours ago, WannaCruise said:

I've booked it on Day 7, so do you think we can keep the booking and then check when we get on board to see if they do in fact offer it on the port day?  I'd hate to cancel and then end up with no time (as there is another post stating that it doesn't run on port days)

It was running all day both of our days in Bermuda, including the night time after sundown. So it may vary by port, and you'll only know once on board. You can also talk to the crew who manage the line at the North Star Bar area about which ports they'll be operating it and during what hours.

And as @bytheslice said, go ahead and keep your existing reservation. If nothing else, you get a chance to see the ship from a perspective few get without piloting a drone and watching the footage. I don't know if they run the North Star at night while at sea the way they did while we were docked in Bermuda, the view is especially impressive.

DSC00669.thumb.png.489b4f4d92e9b8d97a833c9e7e1f8e3e.png

North Star is often available on a walk up basis as well.  There is generally a line for guests with reservation and a line for standby guests.

People forget or decide to go and often you can go for a ride.  This works better with fewer numbers.  A group of four or six would have a harder time going standby than a person by themself.  

7 hours ago, twangster said:

North Star is often available on a walk up basis as well.  There is generally a line for guests with reservation and a line for standby guests.

People forget or decide to go and often you can go for a ride.  This works better with fewer numbers.  A group of four or six would have a harder time going standby than a person by themself.  

Thanks for letting me know.  We'll probably swing by then and check stand by earlier in the week when the time works well for us.   I think I noticed a fee for a no show (or was that iFly?) So would make sure to cancel our booking if we get to see it earlier.

1 hour ago, WannaCruise said:

Thanks for letting me know.  We'll probably swing by then and check stand by earlier in the week when the time works well for us.   I think I noticed a fee for a no show (or was that iFly?) So would make sure to cancel our booking if we get to see it earlier.

I’ve yet to hear a report of the no show fee actually being levied.