Digital Photo Package

Cam044

Looking for any advice on whether or not it’s worth it to pre-purchase a digital photo package. I’ve only been on one cruise before with Carnival and lets just say I spent a small fortune on prints (they just turned out so nice!). Not sure if RC’s are quite as expensive, cheaper, or about the same price. Right now it’s $232 CDN which seems like a lot, but could actually be a great deal. Any advice or previous experience stories are greatly appreciated. 16 days to go!!

Welcome to the board. I got the digital only package seemed worth it. If you head to the promenade deck that's where they take pictures nightly, plus in the port. More pictures you take makes it worth it. You might want to get a release from the Focus shop so you can reprint at Costco or wherever you choose. 

Kind of depends on what you plan to use it for. If you're just looking for snapshots and a few family photos here and there to share on social media, you're probably better off asking a fellow passenger to take a photo of you. But if you're hoping to use these as more "professional" photos for framing and such, it might be worth your while. 

I got the photo package on my last cruise because we had extended family with us, it was probably the last time we will all be together and some wanted to use them as family keepsake photos and/or Christmas cards. So in that case, it made sense for us to go ahead and pay for the package. 

22 hours ago, 12thman said:

Welcome to the board. I got the digital only package seemed worth it. If you head to the promenade deck that's where they take pictures nightly, plus in the port. More pictures you take makes it worth it. You might want to get a release from the Focus shop so you can reprint at Costco or wherever you choose. 

Thank you! The release form is a good heads up, as I never would have thought of that. I guess if you get a bunch of pictures taken it’ll make it worth it.

8 hours ago, WesKinetic said:

Kind of depends on what you plan to use it for. If you're just looking for snapshots and a few family photos here and there to share on social media, you're probably better off asking a fellow passenger to take a photo of you. But if you're hoping to use these as more "professional" photos for framing and such, it might be worth your while. 

I got the photo package on my last cruise because we had extended family with us, it was probably the last time we will all be together and some wanted to use them as family keepsake photos and/or Christmas cards. So in that case, it made sense for us to go ahead and pay for the package. 

I definitely like the more professional look to the photos, and maybe just maybe, my teenagers will pose for a family portrait. Guess it’s still cheaper than buying them all separately.