What attributes do people value in a cruise?

Revised Post:

Hey guys, I'm a marketing student from McGill Unvierstiy.  I am executing a project for my consumer behavior class that is suppose to measure the importance of certain attributes of cruise participants.  Below is a link to a survey on the survey website Qualitrics.com that I am using to guage people's perceptions of attributes https://qtrial2016q1...24rukrcmNMEg68t

If anyone has any questions feel free to ask here or email me at [email protected] 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey I'm a marketing student from Mcgill University and I'm trying to figure out what attributes cruisers value on a cruise.  This survey would take 3 min to complete and would help me determine what attributes need to be focused on to improve cruises.  

https://qtrial2016q1az1.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_24rukrcmNMEg68t

Edited by DocLC
Combining duplicate post with original

Hey I'm a marketing student from Mcgill University and I'm trying to figure out what attributes cruisers value on a cruise.  This survey would take 3 min to complete and would help me determine what attributes need to be focused on to improve cruises.  

https://qtrial2016q1az1.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_24rukrcmNMEg68t

Is it safe to assume you have university approval and an IRB in place?

I wouldn't click that link for love nor money.

Always a safe bet.  However, I did check out the link as I was considering deleting it and wanted to be sure that it was a legitimate survey rather than spam.  It is a Qualtrics survey and the university is in fact legitimate.  I'm still debating whether to keep it or not, but as a researcher and educator myself, I can empathize with a student's need to gather data for class projects.

This was posted on Reddit.  I'm an web/IT professional and can say with confidence my computer nor phone were infected with internet-lice or other malady as a result of the survey (which I completed a couple days ago).  Qualtrics is a known and established company/site.

That in mind, everyone's caution and prudence is appreciated by your respected IT departments, children, etc.

Might have been a good idea for the OP to seek permission from, and to be vetted by, the site administrator before posting the link. I will be happy to help if someone has determined that it is ligit.

That's why I asked the questions I asked. In reality, much more info should have been provided including contact information for the supervising faculty member for more information or to address concerns.

I applaud everyone's cautiousness as the best way to avoid issues is behavioral.

Hi, the survey is meant to collect information on what people's experiences and perceptions are of cruise attributes. It is a consumer behavior class. My email is [email protected], feel free to reach out to me about any questions.

Thanks, Christopher, for providing your contact information to help legitimize the request. I completed the survey late last night and I wish you luck in collecting the data, which can always be a challenge.

Feel free to reach out to me should you want help or guidance. I remember what it was like collecting data for my M.A. and Ph.D.

Thanks, Doc...but I am still not going to click.  I feel for her plight...just too risky these days.

OK I will admit I click on the link. But even with great protection I have on my computers I did it on a internet cafe system. I get 100 of emails everyday, many business emails are questionable. So my answer is to stop at my favorite hotel in town for lunch and after use their supplied systems to check anything that is questionable. If a problem it happens on their system and not my system. And before someone says I must enter passwords on the systems they have, I have that covered too. I have a separate email account that I forward anything to that I need to open on a public system, so no tie in to my complete information.