Wedding - Oasis

Selestyl

Hello! My fiancé and I are getting married on the Oasis of the Seas in January 2020 - we're three weeks away now and boy it snuck up on me!

I wanted to know if anyone else has experience with weddings on Royal Caribbean!  Our pre-cruise coordinator was absolutely fantastic at helping us plan everything, but I'm starting to get the nervous jitters waiting for the last confirmation to roll in and am seeking any sort of advice!

If it changes advice or experience, it's just the two of us with the ship providing our witnesses - we're super private and plan to visit everyone throughout the year ?

I would advise seeking out the on-board wedding coordinator to confirm your plans as soon as possible after you board the ship.  My sister-in-law attended a cruise wedding where most of the information didn't get transferred from the shore to the ship.  Venues for the service and reception weren't actually reserved and she basically said anything that could go wrong, did.  The on-board coordinator did her best but was essentially working without plans.  I highly doubt this will happen to you, but it never hurts to double check!  (Also, I don't think this was on Royal but I'm not positive.)

3 minutes ago, Atlantix2000 said:

I would advise seeking out the on-board wedding coordinator to confirm your plans as soon as possible after you board the ship.  My sister-in-law attended a cruise wedding where most of the information didn't get transferred from the shore to the ship.  Venues for the service and reception weren't actually reserved and she basically said anything that could go wrong, did.  The on-board coordinator did her best but was essentially working without plans.  I highly doubt this will happen to you, but it never hurts to double check!  (Also, I don't think this was on Royal but I'm not positive.)

Oh my gosh, this is my worst nightmare! Maybe I should bring a copy of our planning forms just in case. I'm told there will be a note from the coordinator once we get into our stateroom and I hope to find them shortly after. Thank you for the advice!

6 minutes ago, twangster said:

Congratulations!

I'm on board Oasis now.  Last week Labadee was setup for a wedding, it looked beautiful where they had it arranged.  

If I can be of any assistance reaching the coordinator on board let me know.  I'm on the next cruise as well.  

Thank you so much!!

We'll be having the ceremony on the first day at sea, but hearing how beautiful it looked makes me happy!

Thank you for the offer! I don't know their name yet, or I would gladly take you up on that. I think I was told that there will be a different coordinator before our sailing as well, so I'm not sure who we will be working with just yet. 

18 hours ago, sk8erguy1978 said:

We utilized a cruise to Bermuda for our wedding but separate from Royal Caribbean. Destination weddings are the way to go!

Just wanted to express congratulations.

Share your experience when you return. As mentioned by @SpeedNoodles check out that podcast episode, I enjoyed it.

Thank you so much! I'll definitely update after the wedding ?

• 1 month later...
On ‎12‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 10:03 AM, Selestyl said:

Thank you so much! I'll definitely update after the wedding ?

We are all anxiously waiting for the update. I'm the MOB and we have been in the planning stages since April 2019 for a Oct 2020 wedding "Vows at Sea" aboard the Harmony in the Dazzles Venue.  Our land coordinator has been "on-point" fantastic to work with thus far and has answered all of our questions as well.  We are scheduled for the ship tour this month and hopefully we will be meeting with the on-board coordinator for our cruise.  I have also discovered a FB Page (Royal Caribbean Brides and Grooms) that has been an instrumental place for information, photo's and advice.  @twangster - Let me know if your also attending this cruise.  It's going to be a blast!  We bring the party with us. Congrats on your wedding @Selestyl I'm hoping it was EPIC! :79_smiley_cat:

1 hour ago, CruisingKitty said:

We are all anxiously waiting for the update. I'm the MOB and we have been in the planning stages since April 2019 for a Oct 2020 wedding "Vows at Sea" aboard the Harmony in the Dazzles Venue.  Our land coordinator has been "on-point" fantastic to work with thus far and has answered all of our questions as well.  We are scheduled for the ship tour this month and hopefully we will be meeting with the on-board coordinator for our cruise.  I have also discovered a FB Page (Royal Caribbean Brides and Grooms) that has been an instrumental place for information, photo's and advice.  @twangster - Let me know if your also attending this cruise.  It's going to be a blast!  We bring the party with us. Congrats on your wedding @Selestyl I'm hoping it was EPIC! :79_smiley_cat:

Thanks for reminding me @CruisingKitty! Apologies for the delay; things have been wild since coming back! (Returning to work, adopting kittens, legal paperwork, etc ?)

Everything went off fabulously and without a hitch! Our coordinator met with us the night before, had us double check all the documents for spelling, and went over our package choices with us to make sure everything was still good. They even took my tiny selfie stick/Bluetooth tripod to get it set up the night before so there was no surprise with it the next day ? 

It was just the two of us so very low key, but that was exactly how we wanted it. It was perfect for us!

Our photographer was also fantastic and captured every big moment! I'm so thankful to the entire Royal Caribbean team for making our day so incredibly special. ❤️ 

And everyone on the ship was so kind, stopping us to congratulate us even days after because they recognized us ? 

Best wishes for the upcoming wedding as well!!!

1C7A4621-CA05-4F40-B430-A5009865EE13.jpeg

C370CBFF-BA21-4355-BEED-2032BC8D17DB.jpeg

40 minutes ago, Selestyl said:

Thanks for reminding me @CruisingKitty! Apologies for the delay; things have been wild since coming back! (Returning to work, adopting kittens, legal paperwork, etc ?)

Everything went off fabulously and without a hitch! Our coordinator met with us the night before, had us double check all the documents for spelling, and went over our package choices with us to make sure everything was still good. They even took my tiny selfie stick/Bluetooth tripod to get it set up the night before so there was no surprise with it the next day ? 

It was just the two of us so very low key, but that was exactly how we wanted it. It was perfect for us!

Our photographer was also fantastic and captured every big moment! I'm so thankful to the entire Royal Caribbean team for making our day so incredibly special. ❤️ 

And everyone on the ship was so kind, stopping us to congratulate us even days after because they recognized us ? 

Best wishes for the upcoming wedding as well!!!

1C7A4621-CA05-4F40-B430-A5009865EE13.jpeg

C370CBFF-BA21-4355-BEED-2032BC8D17DB.jpeg

@Selestyl OMG! I'm so glad it all worked out perfectly for your special day! The photo's are amazing and y'all look super happy! You look so beautiful and your bouquet is to die for gorgeous.  Thanks for getting back to me on your big day and congrats to the both! All my best...MOB Cruising Kitty! :80_smile_cat: