Cozumel: What to do???

CJS2766

Hello all,

After several cruise to the Eastern Caribbean, we are doing the Western Caribbean this time. One of the stops is Cozumel. I was wondering  what are the must do excursions? Are there any good snorkeling tours or anything like jet skiing or great beaches to see? I usually book via 3rd party as RC's excursions tend to be pricier. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Carlos

Welcome aboard CJ. Feel free to ask way with any questions you may have, there's a wealth of free knowledge here. Two options for you to Google research. Nachi CoCum and Mr. Sancho's. The former is a little more laid back and quiet while the latter is party city. Both easy to get to by taxi and return. Enjoy! :27_sunglasses:

We love Cozumel! Take a peek at Resortforaday.com & Jaital.com for day excursions. We did a "Beach break" all inclusive on the Island on a previous visit years ago, as well as a walk over to the El Cid La Ceiba two weeks ago. It was a lovely day in the little alcove we found but for the "inclusive" experience it seemed to be lacking. We would probably go back on a "off" week, as this was Thanksgiving week & it was super crowded and the buffet was so so as well as the promised towels, well they had no more! I usually bring from the ship so I was not happy, so I went to the spa and asked for a tour and then snagged 2 beautiful soft fluffy ones to use, desperate times!! ( I returned them at the end of my day though, they were not impressed) The water was so clear the sea life just swam around you so that we didn't even need to snorkel. Pool small there but the ocean water was lovely, no direct access though, had to do stairs to get in. I am sure our friends on this blog will provide you with amazing idea's, I believe you will love Cozumel. Enjoy your sailing!

Been to Coz numerous times and just got back recently. We did the Secret River Cave tour this time which was outstanding. We've gone to private beaches and did snorkeling excursions in boats several times as well. Rented a Jeep and toured the island ourselves once and hired a driver for a private island tour as well.   One thing that's popular that we haven't done yet is the Cozumel Bar Hop. Supposed to be very fun and is on our To Do list the next time we go there.

Love Cozumel! I've only been twice, and I'm looking forward to many more visits.

The first trip I went to Chichen Itza and it was a looooooooong bus ride, but the scenery was beautiful. I can't remember our guide's name, but he spiced up the trip with some hashtag-fun-facts until we actually got there. Worth the experience, but idk if I'll do it again.

On the second trip, I did the Frontier Mayan Horseback Riding - you ride through a forest and get to see some Mayan ruins and artifacts, including a ball court, up close. The guide, Carlos, is pretty funny and very knowledgeable. When you get saddled up, a boy who works for the ranch will take your picture which you can then buy after your ride. You then stop a nice little stretch of beach with some vendors, a couple of guys with critters (iguana and I think the other one was a macaw) you can pose with for donations, and a bar - I spent about $18 on a quesadilla (a little on the small side, but whatever) and margarita, both were delicious - and then you head back to the ship. 10/10 will def go again.

69633212_10156539220325868_7772155394159280128_n.jpg

69677197_10156539159330868_361093044629405696_n.jpg

I was in Cozumel once.  I was not impressed by the intimidate shopping area.  It seemed dirty to me.  We had a lunch at Senor Frogs that was really good.  I am not a fan of guacamole, find it off putting, but ate the fresh batch made by our table and thought it was tasty.  Drinks were good as well.  I cant say if pricing was worth it or not since my friend would not let me pay our portion of the meal.  Which was very generous.  

After reading info on here and other media I am looking forward to going back and checking out a few of the resorts.  I am sure after doing the proper research I will enjoy the port a lot more.  

• 2 weeks later...

We don't do the resort thing in Cozumel.  We taxi into town and wander and eat and drink.  It's very safe, very walkable, and nothing like the port area at the International pier.  We did do the Amazing Race excursion one trip, and it was so much fun.  We did also do Nacchi Cocum one trip but that was with a large group.  Wouldn't do just us. 

We're more into exploring. learning about and experiencing the places and cultures we visit over sitting on a beach all day.  After 27 years of cruising, all beaches look the same to me, and quite honestly I can be at a beach within an hour at home.  Granted they aren't as pretty with palapas & palm trees, but they are sand and water and waves and birds...so if you're a beach person, please ignore my recommendations.  LOL 

• 3 weeks later...

I'm looking at my itinerary and we aren't hitting Coz on a Sunday, but a Friday - yay.

Then I realize something that might be muy importante - we will be there on May 1.  

How big of a holiday is May Day in Mexico?  I'm planning on hitting Nachi and then downtown to shop a bit.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello. Years ago LeAnn Rimes was featured in the series Music in High Places. Her episode was in the Yucatan. I’m particularly interested in the cenote they visited in the show, where LeAnn was moved close to tears when told that women and children were sacrificed there in ancient times. Does anyone know if that particular cenote is in any of the RCCL excursions? If so, which one? If not, what excursions would you recommend that includes cenotes and other cultural/historical tours? Not interested much in beaches. Maybe some shopping, yes. Thanks in advance!