Chocolate Martinis

pnyxprss

Hi there @pnyxprss. Yes, you absolutely can get a chocolate martini with your drink package as long as the ship offers it at one of the bars. Most likely it will be at the max price covered by your package, but if they happen to charge more than that you will only pay for the difference (plus 18% gratuity). E.g., if they charge $14 and your package covers up to $13, you'll pay $1.18 for the difference plus tip.

Not sure what other chocolate-based drinks they have on offer, but there are a lot of folks here with experience with Royal's bars who I'm sure can answer that part of the question. ?

7 minutes ago, pnyxprss said:

Thanks Joe,  There is no way I am paying any more than I have already paid for the drink package, will the bartender tell me if its more before they make it?

They usually will let you know.  Unless you're asking for specific higher-end vodka in the martini it will more than likely be completely covered with the package.

Another popular chocolatey drink is the mudslide which is almost like a frozen version of a chocolate martini.  For something extra special ask them to make the mudslide lava-flow style and they'll put some pureed strawberry on top and it tastes like a chocolate covered strawberry.

The specialty coffee location should also have some mocha drinks and some are even "spirited" which will also be included in your package.  Then there's also milkshakes from Johnny Rockets..but without the alcohol usually.  

1 hour ago, pnyxprss said:

Hi, does anyone know if I can get a chocolate Martini with my drink package, or will it be extra.  If not, does anyone know what chocolaty drink I could get with my drink package?

OHHH YOU BET IT IS!   I was introduced to those on Harmony.. UMM yeah.. I don't remember much lol 

3 hours ago, pnyxprss said:

Thanks Joe,  There is no way I am paying any more than I have already paid for the drink package, will the bartender tell me if its more before they make it?

The only time I have ever paid more was because I ordered some higher end wines...and I wasn't informed ahead of time unless they know I had the drink package (which isn't a knock, it just means they didn't assume I had the drink package and was prepared to pay the full price). Any kind of mixed drink, even a call, has always been covered in full. 

23 hours ago, pnyxprss said:

Hi, does anyone know if I can get a chocolate Martini with my drink package, or will it be extra.  If not, does anyone know what chocolaty drink I could get with my drink package?

My Wife and I had Chocolate Martini's and Coconut Martini's in August on the Allure of the Seas and it was all included in the Deluxe Drink Package

On 12/11/2019 at 12:24 PM, pnyxprss said:

Consistent with what has already been said, it is one of the "free" drinks in the Diamond Lounge when you reach that point in your cruise travels.

On 12/11/2019 at 12:12 PM, AshleyDillo said:

They usually will let you know.  Unless you're asking for specific higher-end vodka in the martini it will more than likely be completely covered with the package.

Another popular chocolatey drink is the mudslide which is almost like a frozen version of a chocolate martini.  For something extra special ask them to make the mudslide lava-flow style and they'll put some pureed strawberry on top and it tastes like a chocolate covered strawberry.

The specialty coffee location should also have some mocha drinks and some are even "spirited" which will also be included in your package.  Then there's also milkshakes from Johnny Rockets..but without the alcohol usually.  

Oh that's going in my file!

• 1 year later...
On 12/11/2019 at 1:12 PM, AshleyDillo said:

I asked for this at several venues on the Allure, none of the bartenders and servers knew what it was.  Finally, one server in the theater said, "You want us to put strawberry puree in your mudslide?"  That's how I described it from then on - a mudslide with strawberry puree

15 hours ago, PG Cruiser said:

I asked for this at several venues on the Allure, none of the bartenders and servers knew what it was.  Finally, one server in the theater said, "You want us to put strawberry puree in your mudslide?"  That's how I described it from then on - a mudslide with strawberry puree

How was it? I love chocolate covered strawberries so sounds like a drink I would enjoy.