Explorer/Odyssey

12 minutes ago, mworkman said:

Well the NextCruise office is announcing that Explorer will be doing the arctic itinerary..awaiting release of  schedule shortly.

Odyssey will be doing more TA’s between Italy and the USA.

Whats a typical itinerary for an Arctic cruise?  Where do they usually depart from?

10 minutes ago, mworkman said:

Well the NextCruise office is announcing that Explorer will be doing the arctic itinerary..awaiting release of  schedule shortly.

Odyssey will be doing more TA’s between Italy and the USA.

I read on FB about the Odyssey TAs:

april 17, 2021 and Oct 28, 2021

Spring is Seadays and stop in Malaga and Valencia.
Fall is Malaga, Valencia, overnight in Lisabon

52 minutes ago, Geoff P said:

Whats a typical itinerary for an Arctic cruise?  Where do they usually depart from?

Similar to Brilliance’s itinerary. Amsterdam, Netherlands | Cruising | Bergen, Norway | Geiranger,Norway | Cruising | Akureyri, Iceland | Reykjavik, Iceland | Cruising |Prins Christian Sund, Greenland | Qaqortoq, Greenland | Nuuk, Greenland| Cruising | USA Don’t know the exact port yet.

18 minutes ago, Flacruiser99 said:

NextCruise on EX?

Serenade

18 minutes ago, mworkman said:

Similar to Brilliance’s itinerary. Amsterdam, Netherlands | Cruising | Bergen, Norway | Geiranger,Norway | Cruising | Akureyri, Iceland | Reykjavik, Iceland | Cruising |Prins Christian Sund, Greenland | Qaqortoq, Greenland | Nuuk, Greenland| Cruising | USA Don’t know the exact port yet.

That's a nice itinerary! Is that an April / May transatlantic? I remember seeing the one from Brilliance for 2020 and being disappointed because it was in that time frame and didn't line up with any kind of break weeks for my kids.

If I had to guess, the final port in the US is Boston; only because that seems to be where all of these recent northern TAs that cover the Norway / Iceland / Greenland route seem to end up. Only other place that's "in range" from Greenland is Quebec, but I imagine then it would say Canada or North America rather than USA.

56 minutes ago, JLMoran said:

That's a nice itinerary! Is that an April / May transatlantic? I remember seeing the one from Brilliance for 2020 and being disappointed because it was in that time frame and didn't line up with any kind of break weeks for my kids.

If I had to guess, the final port in the US is Boston; only because that seems to be where all of these recent northern TAs that cover the Norway / Iceland / Greenland route seem to end up. Only other place that's "in range" from Greenland is Quebec, but I imagine then it would say Canada or North America rather than USA.

He said it was Explorer, with that being said can Explorer sail from Boston?

44 minutes ago, Flacruiser99 said:

@mworkman  I was on Serenade last week and NextCruise did not have a clue.

Who knows, this info from NextCruise desk could be spot on or just something that they heard..I will wait for the itinerary to be released and see how the dice roll.  Also they are awaiting release of Jewels new itinerary (unknown at this time) since canceling the sailings from Dubai.