What is up with Majesty???

I keep hearing things with the upgrades, such as yes they are getting that, and no not getting that!!!

They will be getting the Voom internet though Right????

I will be going on this Ship for the first time Sept 26/16.

I will have been on 4 Previous RCI Cruises by the time this Cruise comes around.

I believe it will still have Voom, it just won't be free like they advertised. They will honor the free Voom to those who booked within a certain time frame.

Matt has a detailed post about it on the blog, it would be worth seeing if you qualify for the free Voom.

I believe it will still have Voom, it just won't be free like they advertised. They will honor the free Voom to those who booked within a certain time frame.

Matt has a detailed post about it on the blog, it would be worth seeing if you qualify for the free Voom.

http://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2016/03/22/royal-caribbean-removes-complimentary-internet-offer-majesty-of-the-seas

There was actually an interesting discussion about this in last night's Periscope. 

1) Royal Caribbean announced tons of improvements coming to the ship, and then seems to be taking many of them back. This is making quite a bit of Royal's fan base confused by their decisions, and disappointment that something was announced and then changed their mind... especially the features that people may have booked the ship for such as specialty dining or water slides.  

2) Royal Caribbean could have announced none of the improvements coming and kept everyone in the dark.  This could have resulted in people being disinterested in the ship, or being disappointed when hoped for improvements weren't brought on, which isn't an ideal solution either. 

I think that no matter what, when Majesty is released it will be up to Royal Caribbean's standards. It'll be a great ship for what it's meant for - a quick weekend away at sea without the bells and whistles of the newer ships, but with a much needed update to bring it up to speed with other ships in the fleet (pool side screen, updated rooms and pool deck, Voom, etc). I'm booked on Majesty for two sailings over the next year (August 12 and February 3), and I am quite excited to see what the new improvements come out to be! I'm looking forward to trying out Voom on my next cruise, but will probably wait to purchase on board as per Matt's advice due to C&A Discounts. 

I did call Royal Caribbean today, and I have confirmed that during my cruise on September 26, 2016, Royal Caribbean will honor their offer to provide free Voom Wi-Fi Internet, to those cruisers, that booked before March 15th.

I plan on Periscoping from this Cruise, so that is something I'm definitely going to need!

We are also booked on Majesty - for 30 May 2016 - so I printed the article to carry with me just in case - usually the C&A discounts help to keep that cost manageable - usually end up spending far more on other "entertainment" expenses - so all is relative

I will be on this same sailing. Which article did you print or should I just print any article?

This is my first ever cruise and the Empress cancellations have me a little worrisome as Majesty is going in for her dry dock as well. But maybe Empress's dry dock was more extensive.

We will see. Have a great cruise. 

I will be on this same sailing. Which article did you print or should I just print any article?

This is my first ever cruise and the Empress cancellations have me a little worrisome as Majesty is going in for her dry dock as well. But maybe Empress's dry dock was more extensive.

We will see. Have a great cruise.

I can understand your concern. I got caught up in Empress-Gate myself. Please know, however, that this kind of overrun of dry dock extremely rare. You should be fine on Majesty.

• 2 weeks later...

We are also booked on Majesty - for 30 May 2016 - so I printed the article to carry with me just in case - usually the C&A discounts help to keep that cost manageable - usually end up spending far more on other "entertainment" expenses - so all is relative

Where is the article exactly? So I can do the same thing, and print it out.