Bottomless Galley Brunch

Harper

13 minutes ago, Harper said:

And those that paid out of pocket, is it worth it? More interested in the tour aspect that the actual brunch

A713BFBB-87BC-4C03-94DF-99C5CBB40BFA.thumb.jpeg.9333e0cae4bc8c089ab165bb2d688acd.jpegC7E2AB20-8905-49EB-BC5B-F73A8318148F.thumb.jpeg.fa48f033baf996a820acc7dc97413ae4.jpeg

They show (only) the galley on the tour. On ours, they showed us a machine that shapes about 20 bread rolls in a few seconds.  They told us interesting facts about food handling and preparations for the cruise.  That's about it.

7CDA3B33-6B31-4C7A-BDAA-191140D8DD59.thumb.jpeg.7b0a751b1984f49063310be520999015.jpeg

As for the brunch, only the beverages are "bottomless", meals/entrees are not.  I overheard a waiter tell a guest that they'd have to pay for extra orders.

If you really want to see a lot of "behind-the-scenes" activities, I suggest you take the All-Access Tour.  I loved it.

37 minutes ago, PG Cruiser said:

They show (only) the galley on the tour. On ours, they showed us a machine that shapes about 20 bread rolls in a few seconds.  They told us interesting facts about food handling and preparations for the cruise.  That's about it.

As for the brunch, only the beverages are "bottomless", meals/entrees are not.  I overheard a waiter tell a guest that they'd have to pay for extra orders.

If you really want to see a lot of "behind-the-scenes" activities, I suggest you take the All-Access Tour.  I loved it.

Wow, doesn't sound impressive at all then. The All Access just seems expensive for what it is, and really the galley is my main interest

25 minutes ago, Harper said:

I just hoped maybe it would be included in Unlimited, or at least a discount provided(similar to drink package and souvenir drinks or drink classes)

It's not included in the Ultimate Dining Package. 

On Allure they ended up doing the brunch as a lunch and I think they charged $30pp.  We ended up getting invited to go because of an issue my mother had earlier.  I'm glad that we didn't pay the $30 as the food was uninspiring.  The best part WAS the galley tour, but having done them before I wouldn't have paid $30 just for the tour.

2 hours ago, Harper said:

Wow, doesn't sound impressive at all then. The All Access just seems expensive for what it is, and really the galley is my main interest

I really enjoyed the Bottomless Galley Brunch on Adventure of the Seas but I've never even been in a restaurant kitchen before so I saw lots of stuff that was new to me.  (That bread machine shown above was seriously cool.)  The brunch is a plated meal with selections ranging from eggs benedict to steak.  It's a slight step up from MDR food mostly because the MDR is pretty idle at the time so the cooks aren't in the middle of preparing hundreds of meals.  But it's not the same as specialty dining.  Yes, the Bottomless part of the name only refers to the champagne and mimosas and no they won't be constantly topping up your glass unless you actually ask.  Overall, it was worth doing once (maybe once per class of ship) but it's not something I would really seek out on future cruises.