Scheduling Ultimate Dining meals

alamode123

1 hour ago, alamode123 said:

How does this work? Do I have to go to whatever specialty dining is open for lunch, and schedule my other meals through them? Do i have to physically go to each restaurant and schedule that way?

Please help. I'm on Oasis of the Seas this Sunday.

You can also usually go straight to the main dining room to get all reservations scheduled as well. 

How does this work? Do I have to go to whatever specialty dining is open for lunch, and schedule my other meals through them? Do i have to physically go to each restaurant and schedule that way?

Actually, Chops is no longer open on boarding day so going to Chops won't help you.

There will be a specialty dining kiosk set up on the Promenade on boarding day.  Get there EARLY b/c it can generate quite a long line.  You will be able to make all of your specialty dining reservations at one time.  It is best to go ahead and make a reservation for every night, even if you have to make changes down the road.  A reservation somewhere is better than no reservation.

You can go to one of the specialty restaurants that IS open on boarding day to take care of this but that causes a real log jam at the restaurant.  While you CAN do it this way, I recommend that you do NOT do it this way.  Find the kiosk on the Promenade.  That's what it's there for.

As far as lunch on embarkation day, Chops is no longer open at all, as RickinSTL said.  It is due to the fact that they do not have the staff to support the Key lunch in the MDR plus a full service lunch in the Chops restaurant.  Giovanni's will be open as well as Playmakers and maybe even Port Side BBQ (not sure about this one).  Your package is good at all of these venues.

I'm a huge fan of the UDP and I think you will find it to be a good value on Oasis.  There are so MANY places to eat !

We went to Chops when we boarded Nov24 to make dining reservations.  There were others already there making their reservations so we went over to Central Park 150 to make the reservations.  You can make reservations for the entire week there.  All three of the restaurants in Central Park were open for taking reservations, even though they weren't open for dining.

You will also be able to make additional reservations using the Royal Caribbean app on your smart phone, but it's easiest to go ahead and secure the initial reservations as soon as you board.

I would avoid going to the MDR to make these reservations as they will also be dealing with folks making the MDR reservations and can be crowded.  

Do NOT let them tell you that hibachi is not covered.  It is in writing on the website that it is covered on Royal Caribbean's website.  Stand your ground and have them make your reservations.  Hibachi is the only one that doesn't show up in the smartphone app, but you can visit Izumi to verify your reservation with them.

We did Portside BBQ on boarding day for lunch as it wasn't crowded at all and we wanted to try it out.

11 hours ago, alamode123 said:

Are you staying in a Grand Suite or above?  If you are, the suite concierge will email you a week before the cruise and you can reply and give them the dates, times, and restaurants you want to eat at and they will make all your reservations for you ........ but that’s ONLY if you’re in a suite.