Aruba- Trikes or ABC tours?

Lovestotravel

We are trying to decide between the Trikes at https://trikes-aruba.com/  or the off-roading Jeeps through https://abc-aruba.com/tours/jeep-tours/island-ultimate-safari/.  The prices are similar with the Trikes being just a little cheaper.  But the Jeeps excursion is longer and seems to do more.  Any feedback on either of these? TIA. 

I have also done Trikes Aruba and looked at the web site for the other tour and a lot of the sites they list we stopped at.  What we did not do was stop to swim.  Also you will be driving the trike and there will not be other guests with you on the trike, max capacity is 3 where as the Jeep web site says jeep holds 8 to 10 passengers, unless purchased as private.

Anyway we had a fantastic time on the Trikes and it is one of the few excursions that we will do again, it was that good

31 minutes ago, CruiseGus said:

@NJCruisers you are spot on about the Facebook page, that is where you go to get all the free pictures they take of you.

Really I cannot say enough good things about our Trikes Aruba experience, my wife had such a good time she made me book Trikes Cozumel as well this past November

I think we are sold on the Trikes!  The only thing we wanted to be able to do, is also swim at the beach.  But, I think we will get back in plenty of time to simply find a beach close to the ship for the rest of the afternoon.  

I was tempted to do the Trikes but the start time for the morning tour is too close to when we arrive for my comfort.  I can't have my typical lazy cruise ship mornings if I have to rush off the ship as soon as it docks!  We have afternoon plans already that interfere with the afternoon tour, so that's out as well.

I have heard nothing but good reviews about it, though!

22 hours ago, Lovestotravel said:

I think we are sold on the Trikes!  The only thing we wanted to be able to do, is also swim at the beach.  But, I think we will get back in plenty of time to simply find a beach close to the ship for the rest of the afternoon.  

We went to Surfside beach afterwards.  They are also on FB - there is another place down the beach called Reflections.  We rented 2 chairs and an umbrella for $15. The beach is not as nice as Eagle, but it was fine for what we wanted.  We went to Barefoot Aruba for dinner afterwards and I can't say enough good things about it.  

• 4 weeks later...

I just wanted to follow back up and stated that we rented an ATV for 8 hours through Viatour for our visit to Aruba.  My reservation was handled through a company called Roadrunner.  We had an amazing time as you get to explore on your own.  When we picked up the ATV they went through a map and helped us bookmark a bunch of places on a map program so we could see what we wanted.  With the ATV you get to use the normal surface streets as well as the offroad trails.  You aren't stuck with a tour where you're as slow as the slowest person in your group.  We went to the national park and the caves and the natural pool and it was tons of fun..we also stopped by a couple of beaches that were off the beaten path and so serene and beautiful.  Well worth it for our 8a-8p port stop.

On 1/6/2020 at 3:22 PM, AshleyDillo said:

I just wanted to follow back up and stated that we rented an ATV for 8 hours through Viatour for our visit to Aruba.  My reservation was handled through a company called Roadrunner.  We had an amazing time as you get to explore on your own.  When we picked up the ATV they went through a map and helped us bookmark a bunch of places on a map program so we could see what we wanted.  With the ATV you get to use the normal surface streets as well as the offroad trails.  You aren't stuck with a tour where you're as slow as the slowest person in your group.  We went to the national park and the caves and the natural pool and it was tons of fun..we also stopped by a couple of beaches that were off the beaten path and so serene and beautiful.  Well worth it for our 8a-8p port stop.

Thank-you for this!  Sounds wonderful!  Was it easy to follow the map? 

41 minutes ago, Lovestotravel said:

Thank-you for this!  Sounds wonderful!  Was it easy to follow the map? 

It's an app similar to Google maps called maps.me

Super easy to use once you figure it out. The guy that we picked up the ATV from taught us how.

I liked it so much I used it in Bonaire the next day when we rented a golf cart to explore the island. 

On 1/8/2020 at 9:37 PM, AshleyDillo said:

It's an app similar to Google maps called maps.me

Super easy to use once you figure it out. The guy that we picked up the ATV from taught us how.

I liked it so much I used it in Bonaire the next day when we rented a golf cart to explore the island. 

Again thanks.  Do you happen to have a link for the online rental?