Aqua Theater

dramyk

I was told by Royal Caribbean customer service that Aquatheater 2 bedroom suite is not Royal Class and does not have Genie Service.  I was told that only Aquatheater balcony is Royal Class.  The Aquatheater 2 bedroom suite is Sky Class.  I thought both Aquatheater rooms were Royal Class with the new amenities as of May 1, 2016. 

Can anyone comment?

It sounds like the person you spoke with was confused...or didn't understand your question, somehow.

All of the Aqua Theater Suites qualify for new The Royal Suite services (beginning April 30, from what I hear).

The 2 BR units (decks 8, 9, 10) qualify for the highest (most inclusive) package - Star Service.  Star Service includes the Royal Genie, unlimited beverages and unlimited specialty restaurant dining (and other perks that we won't get into, here). 

The 1 BR units (decks 11, 12 and 14) are Sky Level.  Sky Level does not include the Royal Genie and does not include the unlimited beverage or dining packages.

Both of these levels enjoy full accessibility to the Suites Lounge, although there is some confusion about what kind of complimentary beverages the Sky Class folks will have during the NON-happy hour, hours.  Unless the rules change after April 30, anyone holding a gold card (which both Star and Sky folks will have, presumably) can have unlimited sodas, beer and wine in the Suites Lounge at any time from 11 AM - 11 PM.  During the happy hour hours (generally, 5 - 8 PM), the complimentary beverages will also include a limited selection of liquor.

Apparently there is some new change of heart by RCI (really ?? I CAN'T BELIEVE IT !) regarding the new Royal Suite services on the Q class ships in China, but since none of these ships have Aqua Theater Suites then this particular concern wouldn't apply to those anyway.

So i have conflicting info over what is covered as star class? Prohibition event, cupcakes, specialty dining?

So i have conflicting info over what is covered as star class? Prohibition event, cupcakes, specialty dining?

It seems that you may have conflicting information.

I do not believe that the Prohibition event itself is included but unless I'm mistaken (Matt ?) the drinks would be covered for this event as they currently are for beverage package holders. I think that's true...

Cupcakes are free for everyone, right ? The cupcake class wouldn't be included I don't think.

From everything that I have read, all specialty dining will be included in the Star level package for all persons in the suite. I believe this includes the Chefs Table, 150 Central Park and Wonderland.

I believe this thread just proves what many of us have known all along. Royal (Companies) is the source of a lot of misinformation, websites that say things in conflict, sales agents, that give false answers, Public Relations departments that are leading at best. All these things are part of the reason we have sites like this with posters who have been through the process and can answer based upon what happen to them, not a stock reply answer supplied from the company.

While we as a group maybe do not always get everything correct, I do believe the best level of correct information is found on sites like this.

I believe this thread just proves what many of us have known all along. Royal (Companies) is the source of a lot of misinformation, websites that say things in conflict, sales agents, that give false answers, Public Relations departments that are leading at best. All these things are part of the reason we have sites like this with posters who have been through the process and can answer based upon what happen to them, not a stock reply answer supplied from the company.

While we as a group maybe do not always get everything correct, I do believe the best level of correct information is found on sites like this.

The sad reality is most guests do not do much, if any, research ahead of time. So the information available on RC's site is enough to satisfy their needs.

For folks that really do indulge in cruise planning, we quickly discover some of the conclusions you mentioned, Todd.

Not that it makes it better, but the travel industry as a whole operates in this manner. The Disney World web site comes to mind as an example of having "just enough" info on it for most folks.

Not that it makes it better, but the travel industry as a whole operates in this manner. The Disney World web site comes to mind as an example of having "just enough" info on it for most folks.

Great analogy with WDW. Just look at the number of sites that exist to help travelers to the parks get the information that they desire.

Okay so now I am star class but what is covered?  I am trying to nail this down before we sail May 1st.  I am getting conflicting information.  If you have any RC PDFs on the following please share and I am working with the president's office to get in writing what is covered and how:

Thermal Spa Suite Access

Cupcake event

Prohibition event

Cabana on Ladabee Island

Drink Package

Other Special Activities on the ship (not sure what this means but it is in the marketing brochure)

etc.

I will share with you what I find.

Dr. Amy

Dr Amy, you are not covered for Cupcake classes, and Cabana's on Labadee are not free or covered in the Star Class they range from $295-$495 depending on which one you pick. Ultimate Beverage Package is supposed to be included but who knows what will happen. I don't know what other special activities on the ship there are?

Amy, this is the link to the NEW Suite Life brochure.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/royalsuiteclass

If you will give me your email address I will send you a .pdf of the old brochure that show the 7 day thermal suite access and the Ultimate beverage package.

Is the old brochure you have the same as I just link'd to Amy in that other discussion? If not can you link it via drop box etc?

Ok...so I DO have the one that shows 7 day Thermal Spa access and Ultimate Beverage Package.  I thought it was the same one you uploaded to Drop Box.  Maybe not.  I didn't see an option for me to upload the one I have...but I'm not that great with Drop Box.  Maybe I didn't see the upload button.