An Amplified Agglomeration of Oasis Pictures - Post Amplification

twangster

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@twangster I just keep this tab open year round now, I guess. I opened it around March getting excited for my May Oasis cruise... which was pushed to November which got Lift and Shifted to November 2021. But ONE DAY I WILL SAIL HER DAMN IT, and until then these pics really brighten my spirits! That Solarium, siiiiigh. 

Can I ask how many Twangster blogs we've lost to the pandemic? 

• 1 month later...
7 minutes ago, cruisellama said:

Was it because the Amplification was cut short?

No, it wasn't cut short, they just never planned for it.  

There have been suggestions that adding galleys on a ship is a pretty intensive change.  Lots of electrical, plumbing and venting plus fire suppression systems, etc.  Harmony and Symphony had all this designed in from the get go but to retrofit all that into an existing space is a pretty huge undertaking.   

The Izumi venue on Adventure couldn't get hot rocks or hibachi for similar reasons - that space didn't have an existing galley to work from so adding all that would be massive.  The result is Izumi is sushi only on Adventure.

42 minutes ago, twangster said:

No, it wasn't cut short, they just never planned for it.  

There have been suggestions that adding galleys on a ship is a pretty intensive change.  Lots of electrical, plumbing and venting plus fire suppression systems, etc.  Harmony and Symphony had all this designed in from the get go but to retrofit all that into an existing space is a pretty huge undertaking.   

The Izumi venue on Adventure couldn't get hot rocks or hibachi for similar reasons - that space didn't have an existing galley to work from so adding all that would be massive.  The result is Izumi is sushi only on Adventure.

OK makes sense.  I asked because I'm seeing differing deck plans.   Some without and some with depending upon the site.  Even the RCL site had a Wonderland pic associated.  

4 hours ago, cruisellama said:

OK makes sense.  I asked because I'm seeing differing deck plans.   Some without and some with depending upon the site.  Even the RCL site had a Wonderland pic associated.  

Well before her amplification the deck plans on board reflected a planned refresh in 2017 or 2018 that was cancelled.  They never changed those deck plans on the ship until the amplification last year.  They even had the diamond lounge already moved despite it staying where it was for years.  What's a cruiser to do?  ?‍♂️

• 5 months later...
12 minutes ago, sammy79 said:

@twangsteramazing pics!  Do the pools get crowded during sea days?  Disney cruise pools are always super crowded. 

I don't think you could put enough pools on a ship to avoid some crowding in pools at some point.

That being said Oasis class do have multiple pools with different applications so it does help a bit to spread out pool users.  

On a sunny and warm Caribbean sea day the pool and surrounding deck areas will definitely be popular.

9 hours ago, sammy79 said:

@twangsteramazing pics!  Do the pools get crowded during sea days?  Disney cruise pools are always super crowded. 

These were on are sea days on that 1st post-amped cruise. Never really crowded at any time, except for when something was happening in the pool area-- belly flop contest or crew/guest volleyball challenge. Then you do want to get there early and find a spot if you wanted to watch, even around the upper deck.

20191125_130653.thumb.jpg.0aab72b2c6e038787c1247511770d938.jpg20191129_093622.thumb.jpg.91aaa2710e09baff191c099ba3978b1f.jpg20191129_093754.thumb.jpg.72152f46c43ff21834b5c6c42ff76dda.jpg

20191125_123922.thumb.jpg.d411b3b1704a2af2451228ec158c8f0b.jpg20191125_123926.thumb.jpg.5fbf29e254da8fa171a3df333e4a1b2c.jpg