An Amplified Agglomeration of Oasis Pictures - Post Amplification

twangster

Great pictures!  It was fun sailing with you.

Rather than comment on individual pictures, I can offer a few comments:

- noise from above.  One of our group was in deck 14 under the cantilever hot tubs.  Noise day and night from the jets.  She has a video of the sound around 2:30am on her FB page.  Do not book those cabins!

-did you notice the incorrect signage for Portside & El Loco Fresh in the stairway?  They point you in the wrong direction for each.  Tony & I were laughing about it when a ship's officer was nearby, and he was so annoyed they missed it!  I think he was one of the proofreaders of the signs... ? 

The outdoor solarium deck can be super windy.  One day we watched loungers & stools go flying.  Within minutes of a passenger reporting it to bar staff, there was multiple crew members stacking and securing everything.

The app games in the posters outside of Playmakers were fun, definitely a learning curve to do well. 

4 hours ago, twangster said:

Honorable mention to the Rising Tide Bar.

I can't remember if it always had high tops or not but it is otherwise unchanged including the water features that remain below

It looks similar to Dec 2018 from what I recall. There were definitely high tops then but I think the high tops are the same as those or they were black. 

The Bionic Bar

New to Oasis this robot driven bar was first introduced on Quantum class and later appeared on newer Oasis class ships.  R.I.P Champagne Bar that used to be located in this space.

oa_bionic-2.jpg

oa_bionic-1.jpg

oa_bionic-3.jpg

oa_bionic-4.jpg

oa_bionic-5.jpg

oa_bionic-6.jpg

oa_bionic-7.jpg

oa_bionic-8.jpg

oa_bionic-9.jpg

oa_bionic-10.jpg

oa_bionic-11.jpg

If you purchase the deluxe beverage package it does include the Bionic Bar.

Sugar Beach

First appearing on Symphony of the Seas, now on the newly amplificated Oasis of the Seas.

oa_sugarb-2.jpg

oa_sugarb-1.jpg

oa_sugarb-4.jpg

oa_sugarb-5.jpg

I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream...

oa_sugarb-7.jpg

oa_sugarb-8.jpg

oa_sugarb-9.jpg

oa_sugarb-3.jpg

Some toppings for your ice cream if you want.

oa_sugarb-13.jpg

You can order ice cream from the take out window directly on the boardwalk.

oa_sugarb-14.jpg

oa_sugarb-10.jpg

Candy is priced at $0.93 per ounce.  Take a bag and fill it with whatever tickles your sugar bone.  

oa_sugarb-6.jpg

oa_sugarb-11.jpg

oa_sugarb-12.jpg

Sugar Beach is a natural addition to a boardwalk.

oa_sugarb-15.jpg

Aqua80

The new Aqua show is a big hit and very well done.  It's a perfect mix of great music, water action and diving.

What really makes this show is the music and if you are familiar with the Back to The Future movies you'll feel right at home with the opening song and hoverboard action.

oa_aqua-9.jpg

oa_aqua-1.jpg

oa_aqua-2.jpg

oa_aqua-3.jpg

oa_aqua-4.jpg

There are still some very artistic pieces but set to music of the 80's it's a good mix.

oa_aqua-5.jpg

oa_aqua-6.jpg

Of course they have some slack line action...

oa_aqua-16.jpg

oa_aqua-7.jpg

As well as some high wire thrills...

oa_aqua-8.jpg

With lots of core diving skills.

oa_aqua-12.jpg

oa_aqua-13.jpg

oa_aqua-14.jpg

oa_aqua-15.jpg

oa_aqua-17.jpg

oa_aqua-10.jpg

All in all a very good show you'll want to see more than once.

oa_aqua-18.jpg

One Sky

The is a new Royal Caribbean original production.  I found this an interesting show although I did struggle with the flow of the show at times or how it relates to the sky, or one sky.  So I just looked at each segment on it's own without worrying about the overall message.

oa_1sky-1.jpg

oa_1sky-2.jpg

oa_1sky-3.jpg

oa_1sky-4.jpg

oa_1sky-5.jpg

oa_1sky-6.jpg

oa_1sky-7.jpg

oa_1sky-8.jpg

oa_1sky-9.jpg

oa_1sky-10.jpg

oa_1sky-11.jpg

oa_1sky-12.jpg

oa_1sky-13.jpg

oa_1sky-14.jpg

oa_1sky-15.jpg

Strong vocals and enjoyable as long as you are not expecting a story with a distinct beginning, middle and ending.

oa_1sky-16.jpg

oa_1sky-17.jpg

oa_1sky-18.jpg

Fantastic virtual tour!  I'm really excited about cruising on Allure in November 2020 after her amplification.  One question -- what is the futuristic looking white circle in the Solarium?  I noticed water and jets -- is it a shower?  Or just a water feature?  I've not yet been on an Oasis class ship.

On 12/23/2019 at 8:43 PM, JLMoran said:

Great photo tour, @twangster! And agree with @Lovetocruise2002, the pictures of the aqua show are something else! Your nighttime photography skills continue to impress mightily. ☺️

Can you imagine being on  cruise with the Twangster...with all his photo stuff? I bet he has an entourage to keep all the riff raff (like us lowly folks) out of his camera views/focus! :3_grin:

On 12/27/2019 at 11:09 AM, IRMO12HD said:

Fantastic virtual tour!  I'm really excited about cruising on Allure in November 2020 after her amplification.  One question -- what is the futuristic looking white circle in the Solarium?  I noticed water and jets -- is it a shower?  Or just a water feature?  I've not yet been on an Oasis class ship.

There is a pool.  The water feature is a shower of sorts. Something you can walk under to wet your head since the pool isn’t that deep. 

2 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Quick question...Was that the whole Izumi menu that you posted?  I noticed all the noodles/Ramen section was missing.  Hubby and D13 are going to be really disappointed if that's the case...

They only had the Teppanyaki menu in the Diamond Club.  I saw a second Izumi menu appear on the wall and always meant to take pictures of it but... didn't.  

12 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Quick question...Was that the whole Izumi menu that you posted?  I noticed all the noodles/Ramen section was missing.  Hubby and D13 are going to be really disappointed if that's the case...

Don't despair..the noodles are still there for thr sushi side menu.

• Matt featured this topic
  • 5 weeks later...
On 12/19/2019 at 2:27 PM, KathyC said:

Great pictures!  It was fun sailing with you.

Rather than comment on individual pictures, I can offer a few comments:

- noise from above.  One of our group was in deck 14 under the cantilever hot tubs.  Noise day and night from the jets.  She has a video of the sound around 2:30am on her FB page.  Do not book those cabins!

Do you know which cabin under the hot tubs? We just booked 14558 on the Oasis due to the added shade. I saw some reviews online (https://boards.cruisecritic.com.au/topic/1733402-oasis-14th-deck-overhang/) that indicated 14558 was a GREAT room? Do you know the exact cabin?

23 hours ago, mjkpreno said:

Do you know which cabin under the hot tubs? We just booked 14558 on the Oasis due to the added shade. I saw some reviews online (https://boards.cruisecritic.com.au/topic/1733402-oasis-14th-deck-overhang/) that indicated 14558 was a GREAT room? Do you know the exact cabin?

You can use this deck drag tool to see what's above and below your stateroom.  If you line up the elevators it does appear that 14558 is underneath the edge of one of the whirlpools.

https://cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/dragdeck.php?ship=Oasis-of-the-Seas&zoom=1