MTD time changes

bretts173

What has happened to My Time Dining on certain ships. I noticed on the last compass posted for Oasis and is the same for my Voyager cruise next week. The early seating is 5:30 but the earliest time for My time Dining is 6:45.   I booked MTD because I wanted an early dinner with kids most nights but also the option to have a later one if need be. When I booked I just reserved a time for the first night as the rest I wanted to be flexible. 6Pm was available then (for all days) but when I looked at a later date 6:45 was the earliest on any day.

When we booked our Harmony cruise, early dining was listed as 5 pm.  Since we tend to shower and change before dinner, that cuts into our afternoon fun even more so we selected MTD.  Then recently I saw a Harmony compass and noticed that MTD doesn't even start until 6:30 pm.  Well I can imagine how many want to eat right at 6:30pm so that would push times even later as can imagine it would be hard to grab that 6:30pm reservation.  So, I switched us to early traditional.  I've heard recently that Oasis has started doing the same.  

We like a relaxed dinner followed by the evening show, and with our kids, the 10pm shows aren't an option.  

5pm is getting really early (although the compass also lists a range for early traditional times) but so we can have dinner without feeling rushed for a show, and stress each night of how long we'l have to wait (even with reservations), we opted for traditional.

I think I've read that they have started using all 3 dining rooms for early traditional and guess that's why they have to push the start time of MTD out.  Kind of limiting though for MTD unless you like to eat later.

6 hours ago, SpeedNoodles said:

It might be that people have already snagged all of the earlier My Time Dining reservation times available on the Cruise Planner.  Just check on board - we never had trouble getting a time that we wanted to eat and we didn't book ahead of time.

No it is even in the cruise compass that My time dining doesnt start until 6:45.  This only on some ships, Oasis and voyager 2 I have noticed.  

This is only a very recent change. Voyager since its last refit which to all reports has been a disaster. added 300 extra passengers, took away space and dining options. The reports were that on the singapore to sydney repos, they shut the dining room at 1Pm because they couldnt handle the people and then there were about 100 people standing waiting for tables at the Windjammer. 45 minute wait for my time dining tables because everyone turns up at 7. Half these people had 6pm bookings made before the policy change.

I still have 6PM my time bookings for my cruise this week even though it isnt available to 645.  

T

1 hour ago, Big Tule said:

I to am on Voyager next week and I booked MTD very early on when the cruise planner first appeared earliest I could get was 7.15 which seemed strange at the time...Just as well we are traveling without children this cruise and can go to later shows

That is my problem. I do have children. Picked MTD so some nights go early show some nights early dinner, depending how they are. 

Wondering what happens first night when I turn up at 6 because that is what my calender says for my booking.

• 2 weeks later...