Best port to just hang at the beach?

Batphobic

Hello all - 

Excited for my family's first cruise March 2020! But wow do I need some help with planning.

Our ports are:

Cozumel, Mexico
Georgetown, Grand Cayman
Falmouth, Jamaica

My question for y'all: We want to do excursions at two ports and at one port just walk off the boat and hang at a beach (ie: no-cost port to just go hang out at a beach). Which of those three ports is best for just walking off the boat and hanging on the beach for free without having to pay an excursion fee to get to something?

Many thanks in advance!!

14 hours ago, Batphobic said:

Hello all - 

Excited for my family's first cruise March 2020! But wow do I need some help with planning.

Our ports are:

Cozumel, Mexico
Georgetown, Grand Cayman
Falmouth, Jamaica

My question for y'all: We want to do excursions at two ports and at one port just walk off the boat and hang at a beach (ie: no-cost port to just go hang out at a beach). Which of those three ports is best for just walking off the boat and hanging on the beach for free without having to pay an excursion fee to get to something?

Many thanks in advance!!

Don't overlook Sting Ray City at Grand Cayman.  That kind of combines sand and water....But at Cozumel and Falmouth you do need ground transportation for sure.  Have a great cruise!  I really like your itinerary.

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/7/2019 at 8:55 AM, ChessE4 said:

Don't overlook Sting Ray City at Grand Cayman.  That kind of combines sand and water....But at Cozumel and Falmouth you do need ground transportation for sure.  Have a great cruise!  I really like your itinerary.

Thx! Just booked the stingray excursion and super excited about it. 

In Falmouth there just the port as walking distance.  If you want to leave the port area, you will need a taxi.  It's not really an area you want to meander on your own anyway.  

Cozumel is great.  But you'll most likely be docking at the International pier, which is a short cab ride from town.  The area around the pier has things to do, so you don't have to go all the way into town.  But it's very safe compared to Falmouth.  

We haven't been to Grand Cayman in awhile, but you will tender into port there.  Maybe if @LetsTryThisPlace happens by he can give a suggestion or three.  He lives there! 

Grand Cayman beach is beautiful with soft sand, calm waters (at least when we were there) and crystal clear water.  All we paid for was for the loungers at Coral Beach. (Other areas may also charge for umbrella, but our area was shaded). We didn't purchase food but it is pricey.

Beach at Cozumel us ok, but sand us more coarse and water not as clear. They do have nice places like Nachi Cocum (private beach that costs but includes food and drinks), Mr Sanchos (also all inclusive) and Paradise Beach (small entry fee and you must purchase $10 of food per person). The last two also have water inflatables for an additional cost.

• 2 months later...

I see you mentioned you go this month so I'm a little late but 7-mile or rum point/star fish point are very nice. I can recommend a few spots on 7-mile if that's what you want to do. I also can recommend some liquor stores to hit before to save some money but still enjoy some drinks lol (except at private property locations). Stingray City is great and is something we do every time we have guests down (my preference is Captain Marvin's but there are many many others out there).