Beverage Packages and Gratuity

AWeber

First time cruiser and I wanted to find out the true cost of the alcohol packages.  On the website it states the Ultimate Package is $59, the Premium is $49, the Select $39.  Does that include gratuity? Or will they take the price multiply it by the number of nights then add 18%?  Thanks for your input!

Thank you for your information! It seems every time I call RC they give me different answers, so that is why I joined this blog. THANK YOU!

If you click "buy" and put it into your cart you'll be able to tell for sure if the gratuity is included and/or whether a discount is being offered on the checkout page.

• 3 weeks later...

I was on Allure last week and I did repurchase the Premium.  I was having same debate and went through the online screens to figure out if the price did or did not include gratuity as it was not easily identified.  Only found out AFTER I completed the purchase that the price at that time did include gratuities.  I ended up paying $49/day plus the 18% gratuities for 7 days, so $404 total.   

A week later, we board the ship, go to first bar to get drink and worked out great for me.  However, my sister-in-law still needed to purchase her plan, and in doing so was charged either $467 or $477 (forget actual amount) but it was definitely more than me.   Frustrating that RC continually plays around with their pricing.  It should not be that complicated.    

My husband is a pop drinker.  We plan to purchase him either the Refreshment or Replenish package.   If we just get him the Refreshment package can he get pop in all restaurants, bars, etc.... or just with the souvenir cup?

It will get him drinks (Soda Pop) anywhere on the ship and also the souvenir cup, which he can use or not use.  I have had these soda packages on my cruises and they have worked out great. The cup is good because it has a lid and keeps soda cold for a good amount of time. The other advantage to the supplied cup is it is large and holds a good amount.

My husband is a pop drinker.  We plan to purchase him either the Refreshment or Replenish package.   If we just get him the Refreshment package can he get pop in all restaurants, bars, etc.... or just with the souvenir cup?

The only exception would be room service or the minbar in the cabin.