Suite info

Gwen C

Just now, Gwen C said:

Does the conceirge write emails to suite guests prior to the cruise?

It is SOP for the Suites Concierge to contact passengers in Grand Suites and above by email around 5 days prior to embarkation but sometimes they do not for one reason or another.  I have always been the  primary contact on every cruise that Dan and I have taken and have always been the person to whom the Concierge sent the “Welcome” email - until this past cruise on Brilliance.  For whatever reason (no idea why) Dan received the Concierge’s welcome email and, of course, didn't mention it to me.  Because I never received an email, I wrote to the Brilliance Concierge at which time she wrote back and told me that she HAD, indeed, reached out.  Oops....

So, if you are expecting a Suites Concierge email and haven’t received one yet, make sure  the email didn’t go to someone else. If you feel that you should have gotten an email and did not, you can reach out to them directly.

6 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

I have always been the  primary contact on every cruise that Dan and I have taken and have always been the person to whom the Concierge sent the “Welcome” email

When you say the primary contact, do you mean you were listed as Passenger #1 on the invoice and therefore it went to you?

9 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Usually whoever’s email address is attached to the reservation.

Excellent, that’s definitely me. Thanks!

ETA: Yes, I AM already researching and planning for sky class in 2 years time, why do you ask? This is totally sane behavior. Don’t judge me. 

We also found the concierges to be very helpful once on board.  They can resolve billing questions and also change show reservations if needed.  Generally, Sky Class guests only need to reserve the comedy show.  Once we boarded, we found we had a conflict with the time we had reserved.  The concierge was able to change this for us.  

4 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

The way I always like to think of it is that concierges basically save you from having to line up at guest services.  Anything they can do at guest services, the suite concierge can take care of it for you, and then some.  

I assume one of the exceptions to this is if you wanted to add money to a cash account if you didn’t have a credit card hooked up. 

10 minutes ago, MadamG2U said:

We board the Oasis on the 15th.  I have not heard from the concierge or from our genie.  I'm just gonna roll with the punches 

You will, most likely, not hear from the Suites’ Concierge if you are in Star Class. That job is superseded by the Genie.  You absolutely should have heard from the Genie by now.  I recommend you reach out to them. 

Send an email to OA_GOTL03@rccl.com.   That is my Genie’s email address (Joyce).  While she will definitely NOT be your Genie (she leaving on vacation next week) she can get the comm started with whomever will be your Genie. You definitely need to have some pre-boarding comm. There are lots of things that need to be coordinated. 

Good luck. You will love Oasis. She is gorgeous 

19 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

You will, most likely, not hear from the Suites’ Concierge if you are in Star Class. That job is superseded by the Genie.  You absolutely should have heard from the Genie by now.  I recommend you reach out to them. 

Send an email to OA_GOTL03@rccl.com.   That is my Genie’s email address (Joyce).  While she will definitely NOT be your Genie (she leaving on vacation next week) she can get the comm started with whomever will be your Genie. You definitely need to have some pre-boarding comm. There are lots of things that need to be coordinated. 

Good luck. You will love Oasis. She is gorgeous 

Thank you so much!  I just reached out.  Can't wait to board her!