Deposit Amount

Are deposits larger based on the number of days? For example I am comparing a 7 day cruise on a smaller ship with a 4 day cruise on a larger ship.  The total cost is close to the same, but for the 4 day cruise it requires a $400 deposit. The 7 Day cruise has a $1000 deposit. If not based on length of sailing or total cost, what are deposits based on?  Oh, both cruises are also at the same time so the length of time to pay for them are the same. They are from different ports though if that matters.  Both are going to Perfect Day. 

1 hour ago, Clay Purvis said:

Are deposits larger based on the number of days? For example I am comparing a 7 day cruise on a smaller ship with a 4 day cruise on a larger ship.  The total cost is close to the same, but for the 4 day cruise it requires a $400 deposit. The 7 Day cruise has a $1000 deposit. If not based on length of sailing or total cost, what are deposits based on?  Oh, both cruises are also at the same time so the length of time to pay for them are the same. They are from different ports though if that matters.  Both are going to Perfect Day. 

In addition to what has been said, I have seen sales when the deposit was minimized.   

One other thing when you make a deposit.   If you are getting trip insurance, I believe you need to pay it in full if you want to avoid "pre-existing conditions".  A lot of people don't pay off trip insurance up front so not all policy provisions are actually in place.   If something happens to them before all provisions are in place, then they may have limited coverage later due to a pre-existing condition.  (Another reason to shop around for insurance and plan how much you want to pay upfront with the deposits.)