Car Rental in Port Everglades

Hey!!!

Our cruise is just 27 days away... YAYYY!!! I am figuring out details and was hoping you all could help me.

My husband and I are going on a 5 night cruise with Independence of the Seas. After the cruise we have decided to go to Miami to visit some family members and then just leave from there. I am assuming my best option is to rent a car at Port Everglades and then drive to Miami from there. Is this correct? if so, what is the best and closest place to rent a car at Port Everglades? Do we just walk there with out luggage or  is there a shuttle that pick us up and drop us of at the car rental location?

Any details you can provide me with would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you very much in advance! WOHOO!

Jetty

We've rented from Avis in the area several times. They have a location code specific for cruise ship passengers that includes a shuttle to their location near the port.

The Avis location is "QF1" ("Port Everglades Shuttle for Cruise Ships").

You should be able to do a one-way rental to MIA without too much of an extra charge.

Hey!!!

Our cruise is just 27 days away... YAYYY!!! I am figuring out details and was hoping you all could help me.

My husband and I are going on a 5 night cruise with Independence of the Seas. After the cruise we have decided to go to Miami to visit some family members and then just leave from there. I am assuming my best option is to rent a car at Port Everglades and then drive to Miami from there. Is this correct? if so, what is the best and closest place to rent a car at Port Everglades? Do we just walk there with out luggage or  is there a shuttle that pick us up and drop us of at the car rental location?

Any details you can provide me with would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you very much in advance! WOHOO!

Jetty

Hertz, Budget and Avis all have shuttles to their port rental locations. Alamo & Enterprise have a Bus to their airport location