Grounded Plugs = Majesty Of The Seas

Jack_Lime

Hey All. 

I was under the impression that I would have a single un-grounded plug in my stateroom. See pic related I have 2 "grounded" plugs.
This is in an "Ocean View" stateroom on deck 5 - Majesty Of The Seas.

I know safety regulations prevent "grounding" in the plugs, so they must have an "adapter" to allow people to not need extra adapters.
the plugs are a little loose, I bumped into my phone charge and it fell out, but if you just dont mess with it you will be fine.
My plug extender did fall out though, this may be an issue for people with many things to plug in.

Just an info dump, Enjoy your sailings everyone!!

20191204_132452.jpg

I've not seen a ship provide ungrounded outlets.

The difference on a ship is that ground is not connected to earth like on land. 

You can try spreading the prongs a little to see if that helps keep your thing in the outlet or put something below it to support.  Sometimes an upside down glass is the perfect height depending on your charger.  I bring electrical tape with me and on MJ I used some to help keep my charger plugged in.

2 hours ago, Jack_Lime said:

I was under the impression that I would have a single un-grounded plug in my stateroom. See pic related I have 2 "grounded" plugs.

I know safety regulations prevent "grounding" in the plugs, so they must have an "adapter" to allow people to not need extra adapters.

I'm not sure where you got that impression.  I think every photo I've ever seen shows 3 prong outlets which is simply the standard US outlet.  Yes, grounding is different at sea which is why surge protectors cannot be used (they can cause fires) but that doesn't mean you get 2 prong outlets!