Jewel withdrawn from Dubai for 2020/21

Joe01

I see that it hasn't been reported here but from what I've read on CC, Royal have withdrawn Jewel from Dubai for the 2020/21 season.

Can't say that it was surprising, some cruises were selling for less than $200 per person from what I remember. Even a student could easily afford that.

Thoughts? Where do you think that Jewel will be going now?

NOTE: this does not affect the current Dubai season.

7 minutes ago, mworkman said:

Bring Jewel back to do the Southern Caribbean 10 & 11 night sailings, push Vision off to doing the NE/Canada from Boston or Panama Canal passages to San Diego and back from Florida. 

No chance of Vision doing NE/Canada at Winter. Fort Lauderdale for Jewel is a good shout though and Vision going elsewhere.

2 minutes ago, Jaymac Radio said:

My Guess Is Either The Caribbean Or Rome Or Barcelona.

Having sailed in the Med in October, there is no way that a ship could do a winter there. Europe is freezing at this time of year and a lot of chances of rain.

1 minute ago, Joe01 said:

Having sailed in the Med in October, there is no way that a ship could do a winter there. Europe is freezing at this time of year and a lot of chances of rain.

Sorry to side track but how was your experience on a Med cruise in October? I have a deposit down for Allure next October but I'm waffling.

4 minutes ago, princevaliantus said:

I'm sure RCCL will take your request into account.  ?

Great!! And here i was thinking i was going to have a bunch of sleepless nights, wondering if my suggestion were worthy of RCI's operations planning. 

15161843591266051481free-clipart-whew.med.png

Now if they would just pay me what i'm worth!  On second thought...just let me cruise for free ?

23 minutes ago, berkeleykel said:

Sorry to side track but how was your experience on a Med cruise in October? I have a deposit down for Allure next October but I'm waffling.

It was very nice - the ship wasn't too full of families and I enjoyed it. The only problem was the weather - Oasis Class just aren't designed for colder climates. We were on Harmony (her last Med cruise before the TA) and the Boardwalk was closed for a while on the at sea day due to rain.

I say go for it but do be mindful of the weather.

• 3 weeks later...

As posted elsewhere. Ref our cruise from Dubai to Med in March 2021 on Jewel. We knew it had been pulled but weirdly our cruise planner now says we are still booked on Jewel on same dates but travelling from Galveston to Barcelona. No such cruise shown on the cruise search though. Could therefore well be sailing out of Galveston for next winter?

• 2 weeks later...